Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

About freakin' time:

@TwoMisfits @Telemachos @4815162342

(if you don't have access to The Athletic, I can post a key paragraph or two)

===

Now "50% increase" is a tad weasel wordy, but it's a start.  

The other thing is, this could be exploiting a market inefficiency, especially if it is paired with nutritional programs.  Increasing pay to minor leaguers is literal chump change for every single team in baseball, including the low spenders.  But making sure your minor leaguers are as healthy and fit as possible just seems like a no-brainer when it comes to player development, especially with the mania over prospects lately.

Like, it's even important for 'org filler' to be as good as they can be, since they're the ones the prospects are honing their skills against.  So if it improves players down at the farm so they're more ready to be major league players, it would seem to me that this is an exploit that is just sitting there, begging to be picked.

It's a good start as you said, but still a long way to go.  But everything has to start with a 1st step:) - here's a link to a similar story with a free link http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/blue-jays-to-raise-its-milb-salaries-by-50-percent/cto4e54tos5411poxfq7u78a9

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Porthos said:

About freakin' time:

@TwoMisfits @Telemachos @4815162342

(if you don't have access to The Athletic, I can post a key paragraph or two)

===

Now "50% increase" is a tad weasel wordy, but it's a start.  

The other thing is, this could be exploiting a market inefficiency, especially if it is paired with nutritional programs.  Increasing pay to minor leaguers is literal chump change for every single team in baseball, including the low spenders.  But making sure your minor leaguers are as healthy and fit as possible just seems like a no-brainer when it comes to player development, especially with the mania over prospects lately.

Like, it's even important for 'org filler' to be as good as they can be, since they're the ones the prospects are honing their skills against.  So if it improves players down at the farm so they're more ready to be major league players, it would seem to me that this is an exploit that is just sitting there, begging to be picked.

Actually got my Athletic subscription last month.

But a good start for things.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this prediction will be accurate at all, but with Green Book's BP win controversy, I have a feeling 2019's BP winner is going to be a very provocative movie rife with modern social commentary. Not that that's a bad thing at all, it's about time something like that won BP (the more I think about it, the more I wish black klansman won) but I feel like something in a similar vein will win this year. 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I'm wondering if this prediction will be accurate at all, but with Green Book's BP win controversy, I have a feeling 2019's BP winner is going to be a very provocative movie rife with modern social commentary. Not that that's a bad thing at all, it's about time something like that won BP (the more I think about it, the more I wish black klansman won) but I feel like something in a similar vein will win this year. 

Nah, I don't see that. Its not like the golden globes where everyone collectively agrees on the winners, it's a private ballot vote (right...?) so how someone votes will simply be down to what they liked the most. I highly doubt many Academy voters care what other people think of their vote, as the vote is anonymous. This is why the Oscars never seems to change, because well the Academy doesn't. It doesnt respond in its voting, to its criticism, because voters dont care about the criticism. imo

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

That messi hatrick goal was one of the best goal, I have ever seen.

How about the one against Sevilla, where he also was assisted by Rakitic. That was an awesome goal. 

• Like 1

Feeling good about deciding to not watch the second half of Season 5 of Arrested Development after seeing the poor reactions to the second half following that excruciating first half. That press tour debacle last summer when the first half landed was probably a sign in retrospect. Disappointing turn of events for what was once one of my favorite shows.

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Just learned:

at Saturday Richard Erdman died. He ~nearly made it to get to be 94

As seemingly so many here are Community fans... (I think I know him from a couple of older war movies)

He's reviewing frozen pizza and playing ping pong with teenage girls in heaven now.

Edited by Jake Gittes