Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Ordered somethings from the Vitamin Shoppe. The UPS driver dropped my package off with some woman (not at my place obviously). How does someone take/accept a package not addressed to them nor does it have their address on it? Now I gotta wait and hope this delivery guy can do his ONE job...

:sparta:

This production was actually announced at the same time we secured our seats for his Candlelight performance a few weeks before a year-and-a-half ago and the Mrs. said he was gonna be great while receiving a hug from him during our surprise encounter/selfie with him in the park afterwards. She's gonna be ecstatic when I tell her this is coming since we had no chance of seeing it on Broadway.

• Like 1

And on a similar note (since I'm gonna binge Doom Patrol next month once all of the episodes are available next month @TMP), it sounds like this DC streaming service isn't quite panning out. They just cut Swamp Thing down from 13 episodes to 10 after it was well into production. Not surprised. There's too many services out there, people have spending caps, and the content isn't enough (I'm only gonna watch the show within a week via the free trial and then cancel). They'll probably roll it into WB's streaming service if it happens, though I hope they don't hope to compete with Disney+ cause they have everybody else beat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And on a similar note (since I'm gonna binge Doom Patrol next month once all of the episodes are available next month @TMP), it sounds like this DC streaming service isn't quite panning out. They just cut Swamp Thing down from 13 episodes to 10 after it was well into production. Not surprised. There's too many services out there, people have spending caps, and the content isn't enough (I'm only gonna watch the show within a week via the free trial and then cancel). They'll probably roll it into WB's streaming service if it happens, though I hope they don't hope to compete with Disney+ cause they have everybody else beat.

You say the service is not panning out, but the tweet you're citing says it's outpacing expectations. What is the truth?

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

You say the service is not panning out, but the tweet you're citing says it's outpacing expectations. What is the truth?

I think the fact they just cut Swamp Thing down a few episodes plus haven't even given a renewal to Doom Patrol (Titans was renewed before it even premiered) seems like an indication things aren't entirely working out at least as planned originally and they're in semi-damage control mode (like the second tweet was a response to). These shows most likely have been on the very expensive side I imagine.

If the DC Universe app is disappointing WB executives, then they must have had unrealistic expectations. It always had limited potential, especially considering it's not available internationally. The awareness for the original shows between the targeted audience seem to be the highest they could ever get. So I don't know how it could be underperforming. 

The whole thing never made sense to me anyway since they were already planning a Warner Bros streaming service. 

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

If the DC Universe app is disappointing WB executives, then they must have had unrealistic expectations. It always had limited potential, especially considering it's not available internationally. The awareness for the original shows between the targeted audience seem to be the highest they could ever get. So I don't know how it could be underperforming. 

The whole thing never made sense to me anyway since they were already planning a Warner Bros streaming service. 

WB announced their streaming service last fall after DC had been up for a few months.

Sounds like they just overestimated the appeal of a DC streaming service (and overspent because of it), especially with all the competition out there. I already pay for Netflix/Hulu/Amazon and will soon be paying for Disney+. People have budgets as to how much they can spend on streaming services.

2 hours ago, Premium George said:

I am still digesting it. I do not even care about this two teams but 4 goals in 11 minutes. And then a last minute goal to take MC in SF, everyone celebrating but wait, it's VAR time. So much drama. Among the greatest ucl game ever. Of course, I am new to this. I love VAR.

VAR serving justice. The worst torture possible for the city fans and that bald head guardiola.  

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Crazy match and really bad defending from both teams. 

I have no problem with bad plays, if they creat such matches on important occasion. That barca-psg 6-1 was same with horrible refree decisions, and bad defending but still the second greatest ucl match. First being liv-milan 2005. I love myself some drama.

4 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I have no problem with bad plays, if they creat such matches on important occasion. That barca-psg 6-1 was same with horrible refree decisions, and bad defending but still the second greatest ucl match. First being liv-milan 2005. I love myself some drama.

I love drama too, but spurs are limping to this weekend's game against none other than City. I hope we get another drama and a point loss for City. 

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

I love drama too, but spurs are limping to this weekend's game against none other than City. I hope we get another drama and a point loss for City. 

Very difficult. With the way, united are playing, ManC can have that game too. Liverpool need a miracle from these two teams and I hope they win it.

ManC and PSG, always rooting for the opposition against them. 

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Every time I see a clip of that Titans show my mind boggles that it's a real thing and not a parody TV show from another program.

Having just watched episode 5, not believing it could get worse, I think I agree with you 1000%.  Never did I expect the "spectacular" writing that my favorite DC character has gotten for this show:)...