Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

lmao

That's funny. I wrote about this yesterday (not for Heroic Hollywood) and I made damn sure not to make it sound like Hamill was a fan of Watchmen. It sounded too much like a tongue-and-check answer. Glad that didn't blow up in my face. :hahaha:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yo why did someone just send me a package at work (addressed to me) filled with a bunch of white powder? Did I just get fucking anthraxed? 

Jesus. It's probably just baking powder or some shit but report that shit to your bosses and the authorities ASAP. (As I'm sure you've already done.)

Just now, Telehilation said:

Jesus. It's probably just baking powder or some shit but report that shit to your bosses and the authorities ASAP. (As I'm sure you've already done.)

Thankfully buried inside the package is a letter specifying that this is actually an environmental friendly product meant to purify my water. Hell of a fucking marketing strategy. 

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

48 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I didn't know someone on BOT was a member in the Academy!

Anonymous Oscar Ballot: Publicist Loves ‘Phantom Thread,’ Thinks ‘Darkest Hour’ Is ‘Claustrophobic and Dull’

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/anonymous-oscar-ballot-publicist-phantom-thread-darkest-hour-1201928160/

lol, that entire thing reads like a BOT user outside of the I, Tonya love

Lady Bird was quite good. Can't say I'm too crazy about it. Predictable in some parts (the overweight friend subplot especially), the ending is way too heavy-handed with the whole "My name is Christine" + the letters resolution, and it works a little too hard to not leave anything bad or ambiguous hanging in the air. But Ronan makes the role her own (not an easy task, even from the trailer I was worrying that it'd be too much of a Gerwig impression), Chalamet is unexpectedly hilarious, and Metcalf is the MVP, so good I wish the movie gave her even more to do while ditching practically anyone from the crowd of remaining supporting characters. Gonna be fuming next Sunday when she and Dafoe miss out on the supporting Oscars that so clearly belong to them. 

• Like 4

Had to write a bunch of essays by hand for an archaeology mid term. My hand was dead after.

But the (weird) guy next to me got up at the end and just shouted, while shaking his hand. "FUCK, IM NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO JERK OFF FOR DAYS"

Edited by DAJK
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Lady Bird was quite good. Can't say I'm too crazy about it. Predictable in some parts (the overweight friend subplot especially), the ending is way too heavy-handed with the whole "My name is Christine" + the letters resolution, and it works a little too hard to not leave anything bad or ambiguous hanging in the air. But Ronan makes the role her own (not an easy task, even from the trailer I was worrying that it'd be too much of a Gerwig impression), Chalamet is unexpectedly hilarious, and Metcalf is the MVP, so good I wish the movie gave her even more to do while ditching practically anyone from the crowd of remaining supporting characters. Gonna be fuming next Sunday when she and Dafoe miss out on the supporting Oscars that so clearly belong to them. 

This is why I missed your opinions; we agree on so much :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I didn't know someone on BOT was a member in the Academy!

Anonymous Oscar Ballot: Publicist Loves ‘Phantom Thread,’ Thinks ‘Darkest Hour’ Is ‘Claustrophobic and Dull’

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/anonymous-oscar-ballot-publicist-phantom-thread-darkest-hour-1201928160/

nailed it.

N6Ytj9a.png?1

• Like 2
  • Haha 2