Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

RIP. 

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hey guys, i just thought everyone should know that i learned this news by my brother yelling it at me thru the door while i was on the toilet diarrea-ing. so at least i'll always have that memory. rest in peace burt.

:wintf: 

19 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

apparently no

faaaaaaaaaak

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Never saw any of his work, but still sad to see such an amazing legend go.

Guess I'll watch Smokey and the Bandit tonight.

best little whorehouse in texas! fun movie! he does that classic Movie Star in a Musical thing where he just kinda talks over the music for his number.

• Like 1

it's his best performance and he regrets it like a dumbass. he said in another interview like a month ago that he was basically forced into doing The Departed by his agents because he didn't want to play fourth fiddle. so maybe it's best to assume he only ends up in good movies on accident. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's his best performance and he regrets it like a dumbass. he said in another interview like a month ago that he was basically forced into doing The Departed by his agents because he didn't want to play fourth fiddle. so maybe it's best to assume he only ends up in good movies on accident. 

The fact that's the one movie he hopes God can forgive him for when The Happening exists on his filmography will never cease to be dumbfounding.

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I wish I could be forced by agents into an Oscar nominated role

Just now, filmlover said:

Speaking of Marky Mark, how pissed is probably right now that they axed the Best Popular Movie Oscar category? He was the like the only person who said he was in support of it lol.

looking like Mile 22 might get snubbed across the board now.:(

• Sad 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

looking like Mile 22 might get snubbed across the board now.:(

Instant Family though. I feel like the only reason they moved it up from February to November is because he begged the studio to do it so that he would have something in contention.

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

The fact that's the one movie he hopes God can forgive him for when The Happening exists on his filmography will never cease to be dumbfounding.

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I wish I could be forced by agents into an Oscar nominated role

Took me a couple of minutes to realize these comments were about Mark Wahlberg because I was wondering where Burt Reynolds was in Departed and Happening.

Reynolds also hated being in Boogie Nights so much that he fired his agent for getting him that part.

He was so unhappy with “Boogie Nights,” despite never having seen it, that he fired his agent afterward. He told Conan O’Brien earlier this year that he had turned down the role seven times. It “just wasn’t my kind of film,” he explained, and “made me very uncomfortable.”

And what was that about Reynolds wanting to hit Anderson in the face?

“No, I didn’t want to hit him in the face — I just wanted to hit him,” he corrected O’Brien. “I don’t think he liked me.”