Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Looks like Vince Vaughn might be doing a year in jail.

https://www.thewrap.com/vince-vaughn-charged-with-dui-after-june-arrest/

1. Do you need the qualifier “Swingers star” for Vince Vaughn?

2. Isn’t it self evident that if you’re charged with driving while having a blood alcohol of 0.08 or higher that you were driving under the influence?

18 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Just watched The Red Shoes and it's magnificent. Never really considered myself a ballet fan but that long sequence of the Red Shoes performance is straight up hypnotic. Top shelf stuff.

and if you can brave it Tales of Hoffmann is basically the ballet sequence from that movie for 2.5 hours. more of a mixed reception on that one but i dig it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

2. Isn’t it self evident that if you’re charged with driving while having a blood alcohol of 0.08 or higher that you were driving under the influence?

I think they are independent offense, as a way to make it easy to charge with one of them if someone that look under the influence even if he score under 0.08 on the machine and to still charge him with one of the 2 if he score higher even without any symptom of being drunk. Making it strange in the case they charge him for both.

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

Man, Captain Fantastic is annoying. Viggo's good tho.

i heard debra granik's inspiration for Leave No Trace was that she watched captain fantastic and thought "hmmm... what if this but it doesn't suck?"

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i heard debra granik's inspiration for Leave No Trace was that she watched captain fantastic and thought "hmmm... what if this but it doesn't suck?"

It really doesn't work very well after watching Leave No Trace. One good kid > however many annoying ones.

Can't lie though, I might trade Foster for Viggo. 

• Like 2