Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Why is the nerd community filled with so many bigots? I was told that representing minorities in movies is extremist leftist agenda and that if Superman was black, it would ruin the character. I was also called a racist by this dumb-dumb because I said representation matters.

Does anyone here have proof that when comic books follow "extreme leftist ideas" ( in other words, it means race or gender-bending popular characters) it led to sales decrease? Every bigoted nerd I have met says that without realizing that Stan Lee adhered to extremist left-leaning ideas (for the time) during a time when the Jim Crow Laws still existed.

Edit: Was also called a hypocrite for not trying to fix structural sexism in the middle east even though I live in the middle east and have been trying to help solve it in as many ways as possible (without getting myself deported).

Edited by lorddemaxus

10 minutes ago, Premium George said:

That's NFL to me.

I just enjoy the insanely expensive stadiums with swimming pools in them.

texans-jaguars-chip-litherland-0001.jpg

They should do this for the Qatar World Cup. Except, have the pools replace all the seats, and that way people can watch the games without bursting into flames.

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why is the nerd community filled with so many bigots? I was told that representing minorities in movies is extremist leftist agenda and that if Superman was black, it would ruin the character. I was also called a racist by this dumb-dumb because I said representation matters.

Does anyone here have proof that when comic books follow "extreme leftist ideas" ( in other words, it means race or gender-bending popular characters) it led to sales decrease? Every bigoted nerd I have met says that without realizing that Stan Lee adhered to extremist left-leaning ideas (for the time) during a time when the Jim Crow Laws still existed.

Edit: Was also called a hypocrite for not trying to fix structural sexism in the middle east even though I live in the middle east and have been trying to help solve it in as many ways as possible (without getting myself deported).

You dont have to go far, there are lot of users on here who always pushback against casting choices that are seemingly based on race.

I think the right and alt right has really made a lot inroads with young males in the nerd and gaming community in the past few years that has really pushed an anti-SJW sentiment as well.

In society, in general, there has been a lot of push to be more inclusive and progressive but I find in the nerd community a lot of people are pushing back against it these days. 

You would notice Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro and Pewdiepie are very popular in this community as well who are very famous for being anti-SJW.

The issue I find that I think that a lot of those fringe ideas in alt right gaming communities are spreading a lot more in the mainstream and this has been shown by the huge mess on Youtube these days, the backlash against certain video games and movies (TLJ, Ghostbusters, many  video games) 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I just enjoy the insanely expensive stadiums with swimming pools in them.

texans-jaguars-chip-litherland-0001.jpg

They should do this for the Qatar World Cup. Except, have the pools replace all the seats, and that way people can watch the games without bursting into flames.

• Like 1