Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Reminder to continue to support independent movie theaters. I went to see Vice at my local theater, and they're the only multiplex I know that exclusively specializes in arthouse films (even if Vice was a wide release, they never screen blockbusters). Still kinda baffled that such a place exists outside of New York City and Philly (I recently moved to central New Jersey).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

Am I blind or (presumably), after Oscar noms, will Annapurna's other two movies be getting wider releases.

I see things like Queen of Scots and Basis of Sex going wider and I'm wondering where everything else is. We already have Vice.

Destroyer is supposed to be going wide the last weekend of the month but it’ll make peanuts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Reminder to continue to support independent movie theaters. I went to see Vice at my local theater, and they're the only multiplex I know that exclusively specializes in arthouse films (even if Vice was a wide release, they never screen blockbusters). Still kinda baffled that such a place exists outside of New York City and Philly (I recently moved to central New Jersey).

I work near a 5 screen art house theater that exclusively plays specialty fare or mainstream stuff that old people would be  interested in (currently playing: Mary Poppins Returns, The Mule, Vice, The Favourite, Mary Queen of Scots; opening on the 11th: On the Basis of Sex, Ben is Back, If Beale Street Could Talk).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annapurna wanted Beale Street in 1,500 by Oscar noms but who knows if that's still happening. Destroyer may get Sisters Brothers'd and hit 1k theaters in a few weeks despite low PTAs

IIRC, I think we got TSB way back when for a bit. Maybe we'll be lucky again.

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Destroyer is supposed to be going wide the last weekend of the month but it’ll make peanuts.

I'm this close to saying "Fuck it, I'll wait to rent it", but I've waited for it this long.

• Like 1

I just looked at the Razzie “shortlist” and they are as predictable as ever. You just know Worst Actor will be between Trump and Kevin Spacey (lmao how ironic that a movie featuring him as the big name veteran in a cast made up mostly of really young men is likely to be his final credit) and that Supporting Actress will go to Kellyanne Conway. I’d say Death of a Nation would be a shoo in for Worst Picture but they already gave all their hate to a Dinesh documentary just two years ago.

And @ddddeeee Dakota still made the Worst Chemistry list alongside Dornan so she wasn’t completely saved this year.

Edited by filmlover

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I just looked at the Razzie “shortlist” and they are as predictable as ever. You just know Worst Actor will be between Trump and Kevin Spacey (lmao how ironic that a movie featuring him as the big name veteran in a cast made up mostly of really young men is likely to be his final credit) and that Supporting Actress will go to Kellyanne Conway. I’d say Death of a Nation would be a shoo in for Worst Picture but they already gave all their hate to a Dinesh documentary just two years ago.

And @ddddeeee Dakota still made the Worst Chemistry list alongside Dornan so she wasn’t completely saved this year.

It made pretty much everything bar Dakota, which is something in itself.

47 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Disney should produce more movies about the mundanity of life.

Critics and cinephiles and aging people fap to this delusional definition of "(art)".

Luckily, Audiences are not that gullible.

Edited by The Futurist

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Finally got my first semester grades for college and it’s my best GPA ever at 3.78.

Good for you! My exams start in February, I'm really starting to freak out, lol, as I don't know how in the world will I manage to pass all of them...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Titan Man said:

Good for you! My exams start in February, I'm really starting to freak out, lol, as I don't know how in the world will I manage to pass all of them...

I wish you the best of luck in your academics.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Disney should produce more movies about the mundanity of life.

Critics and cinephiles and aging people fap to this delusional definition of "(art)".

Luckily, Audiences are not that gullible.

disney have failed to turn into franchise most of their original properties. now all they have is these old cartoons they remake. thank god for marvel