Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The cast of Ryan Murphy’s Nurse Ratched Netflix series starring Sarah Paulson has been announced and it’s pretty killer. Sharon Stone and Cynthia Nixon? I’m definitely in. Also sounds like Finn Wittrock has the second biggest role in the series. Here for him being Mr. Murphy’s next awards project!

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ryan-murphy-ratched-netflix-cast-1203107796/

16 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The Gilliet Ad is getting a lot of controversy for and against really. 

Wonder what people think..

I am sort of quite skeptical of major companies trying to cash in on social movements really. 

Criticism for using wokeness as just a empty corporate ad can be right but that's not what the noise is.

They are claiming that this is attack on the men, which is just stupid and awful. What happend with that kylie jenner ad was for right reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Criticism for using wokeness as just a empty corporate ad can be right but that's not what the noise is.

They are claiming that this is attack on the men, which is just stupid and awful. What happend with that kylie jenner ad was for right reasons.

I watched the ad I think some people look at it the wrong way.

No doubt that I have felt I have an obligation more in today's time to call out misogynist behaviour from friends or family, however I feel I do so of frankly 'trying to be a decent person' then out of a sense of guilt for the actions of some men. 

I just do not like this idea that some have that one has to be 'emasculated' to be respectful to women because there is a difference between toxic masculinity and just being a man. We talk endlessly of all the things it takes to be a women. 

I think no doubt I never been a fan of 'frat boy' and 'dude bro' culture personally but that is not what being a man is all about either lol. 

My point I think most people are in general agreement about the general trend society should go on and I just would like that debate is not shaped by extremes always :)

I actually found that Gillette ad to be decent. In early 00's and even now, Indian tv had many ads with good messages and nobody found any probem with them. On the other hand deodorant ads are still using that "spray and become sex god" thing. Fairness creams are advertising in a different manner than, "You are a failure because you have darker skin."