Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

One of the highlights of seeing Eighth Grade in theaters was this grandma saying “oh no” out loud several points during the truth or dare scene in the car.

Still a great movie though! Elsie Fisher’s BOFFY nomination needs to happen.

I also was basically yelling "fuuuuuuuck no" while watching that scene at home so it's definitely a universal reaction.

I knew way too many guys like that kid in high school.

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Am i the only one who thinks that all three LOTR movies should get big re-releases in 2021, 2022 and 2023 for the respective film's 20th anniversary? I do think many people would want to experience these Masterpieces in a cinema again, especially in IMAX.

Would probably prefer to have them closer to each other.

Pride (2014) will surely be making a debut in my Top 5 LGBT films. Absolutely beautiful movie, I cried non-stop for the last 20 minutes. It portrays exactly the way social fights should be fought; through solidarity and not a change of individual views passed by the establishment. And simply because that's what we have today we will soon start to see that it is very easy to return backwards in many issues of discrimination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Noooooooooo! This sucks, but I can never blame anyone for moving on to new opportunities.

He says he's not leaving to work at another studio but to devote time to things that have stacked up on the sidelines.

Prince was so good. The 80s sure was the best decade of all time. Can you imagine being a young adult in the 80s and getting to see him and Michael and Janet and Bowie and Madonna live. Those people have the best life.

I hope I still get the chance to see the legends of today live (Katy Perry, Rihanna, JLo, etc).

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Re-watched TDK last night for the first time in years. Damn that movie is so good. Ledger is still the best part about it, but the rest of the movie itself is still riveting, engaging, and exciting. 

The movie is constructed is such a way that even when the Joker is not on screen, you feel his presence.

It's surprising how the joker screen time in the movie is actually not that big.

Edited by The Futurist