Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hopefully no one from At&T takes the spot as WB CEO. That would be the worst thing to happen for the company.

AT&T already destroyed Turner Broadcasting, with their eyes set on HBO next. Can only imagine what they're gonna do to WB Pictures a few years from now, and how ugly the layoffs will be

@MCKillswitch123 Stripped's ratings holy shit. What a bomb. It is time to cancel TVI. 

Meanwhile I did some research on some contestants of these new reality shows and I must say Sónia Kel should be followed closely, she has tremendous potential and a terrific set of skills.... 👀

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 Stripped's ratings holy shit. What a bomb. It is time to cancel TVI. 

Meanwhile I did some research on some contestants of these new reality shows and I must say Sónia Kel should be followed closely, she has tremendous potential and a terrific set of skills.... 👀

A shame, because I enjoyed the twin girls' naked assets GODDAYUM Stripped quite a bit. I had a few criticisms of it, but overall, it was a fun format with shockingly down to Earth participants for a TVI reality show :rofl:   I mean, it did worse than Who Wants To Marry My Son last week, despite less poor promotion and less bombastic competition (although The Farmer Wants A Wife still did pretty damn well)..... how the fuck is the world so unfair? If it had premiered in SIC, it would've done 17% rating :rofl:  (Which only makes the Lip Sync Battle floppage weirder in hindsight..... then again, the premiere show had a huge rating % in its 1st few minutes, so I guess everyone hated it and ran away to Dancing With The Stars.)

And yes, Sónia Kel does in fact have a bright future ahead of and behind her. :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

A shame, because I enjoyed the twin girls' naked assets GODDAYUM Stripped quite a bit. I had a few criticisms of it, but overall, it was a fun format with shockingly down to Earth participants for a TVI reality show :rofl:   I mean, it did worse than Who Wants To Marry My Son last week, despite less poor promotion and less bombastic competition (although The Farmer Wants A Wife still did pretty damn well)..... how the fuck is the world so unfair? If it had premiered in SIC, it would've done 17% rating :rofl:  (Which only makes the Lip Sync Battle floppage weirder in hindsight..... then again, the premiere show had a huge rating % in its 1st few minutes, so I guess everyone hated it and ran away to Dancing With The Stars.)

And yes, Sónia Kel does in fact have a bright future ahead of and behind her. :ph34r:

Rui Unas and João Manzarra are toxic, they need to stay away from television.

Stripped is going below 20% share next weekend. It is actually weaker than Who Wants To Marry My Son. SIC is dominating.

I have seen some of Sónia Kel's... movies. 

tumblr_inline_p7tbycHOLZ1vbwp3i_400.gif

Don't ask me why I clicked on this video, because it's just going to fuck with my recommended list. But I just want to argue this loser for a sec

As far as I know, Disney has shareholders, so it's a publicly traded company, not "privately owned" as he claims. Maybe I'm wrong. Also, he goes on to tout why Cinemascore is unreliable, yet complains about audience "want to see" votes not counting on RT anymore. Really? Cinemascore is LESS reliable that "want to see" on RT? lol

And THEN goes to shout conspiracy because the audience cinemascore for Cap Marvel was the same as for Infinity War. Hey buddy, if you want to make a youtube channel dedicated to talking about movies and fanboy stuff, maybe you gotta realize a super important detail about film: NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO HAVE THE SAME OPINION AS YOU ABOUT A MOVIE. "I hated the last Jedi, so how could it have gotten an A?". 

21 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I'm listening to a Jon Hamm interview. He just claimed that Mad Men was the first TV show to treat a season as a whole story arc.

to make thinks worse the men were never really that mad on the show. sure there was consistent underlying resentment throughout but only a few episodes they got proper mad. i can definitely think of shows with madder men.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Rui Unas and João Manzarra are toxic, they need to stay away from television.

Stripped is going below 20% share next weekend. It is actually weaker than Who Wants To Marry My Son. SIC is dominating.

I have seen some of Sónia Kel's... movies. 

You mean César Mourão and João Manzarra? :lol: But it wasn't entirely their fault, the premiere was very poorly organized. It got wayyyyy better from the 2nd episode onwards, but it was too little, too late by then (although the rating was higher in the 2nd episode due to Raul Meireles going viral, but yeah). The show was doomed by a poor pilot, cause if the pilot had been good, it would've crushed Dancing With The Stars.

Who Wants To Marry My Son did 22% share this Sunday despite bottoming out completely at 7PM (11% share sometimes :hahaha:). Granted, it was virtually no competition (just a Comedy On The Edge re-run..... which still hit 20% share as well, mad impressive for a re-run, albeit it was coming off Farmer's huge result), but still, it did better than First Dates last week and First Dates was in its last episode. So I don't believe Stripped is going below 20% share.... yet. But I've seen stranger things happen, and I really don't think this is gonna be another Kitchen Nightmares and go up either. 10% rating and 20% share sounds reasonable. Farmer is gonna mince it, though.

I have seen her filmography (or some of it) too. Mastitpiece.

.....and I have also seen some of Sónia Araújo (from The Farmer Wants A Wife)'s..... artwork.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

34 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yeesh, and I know YouTube comments section is the worst place on the internet to be, but it's kind of alarming how many people are saying "not watching endgame because Larson is gonna be in it"

This is the moment when you convert the almighty dollars we talk about at BOT into actual people and you ll see the "many people " you are referring here under  a new light.

Edited by The Futurist

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You mean César Mourão and João Manzarra? :lol: But it wasn't entirely their fault, the premiere was very poorly organized. It got wayyyyy better from the 2nd episode onwards, but it was too little, too late by then (although the rating was higher in the 2nd episode due to Raul Meireles going viral, but yeah). The show was doomed by a poor pilot, cause if the pilot had been good, it would've crushed Dancing With The Stars.

Who Wants To Marry My Son did 22% share this Sunday despite bottoming out completely at 7PM (11% share sometimes :hahaha:). Granted, it was virtually no competition (just a Terra Nossa re-run..... which still hit 20% share as well, mad impressive for a re-run, albeit it was coming off Farmer's huge result), but still, it did better than First Dates last week and First Dates was in its last episode. So I don't believe Stripped is going below 20% share.... yet. But I've seen stranger things happen, and I really don't think this is gonna be another Kitchen Nightmares and go up either. 10% rating and 20% share sounds reasonable. Farmer is gonna mince it, though.

I have seen her filmography (or some of it) too. Mastitpiece.

.....and I have also seen some of Sónia Araújo (from The Farmer Wants A Wife)'s..... artwork.

Wasn't Rui Unas a regular contestant?

João Manzarra alone is toxic anyway. His shenanigans are super weird and THE HAIR. That shit needs to stay the fuck away.

Maybe Who Wants To Marry My Son would have been stronger competition for Farmer. I think 3 reality shows at the same time is straight up overkill. TVI should have saved Stripped for later.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wasn't Rui Unas a regular contestant?

João Manzarra alone is toxic anyway. His shenanigans are super weird and THE HAIR. That shit needs to stay the fuck away.

Maybe Who Wants To Marry My Son would have been stronger competition for Farmer. I think 3 reality shows at the same time is straight up overkill. TVI should have saved Stripped for later.

To my knowledge, Rui Unas won the whole competition (spoilers lol). But he wasn't the co-host, César Mourão was. And most of the shit he's been in has been generally successful. Manzarra otoh hasn't been a particularly big deal since the 1st seasons of The X-Factor and Anything Goes. It's been a while for him. Although he got more bearable in this show tbh.

I dunno about that, but truth be told, I doubt either would've looked anything less than pathetic next to Farmer. WWTMMS only did 22% share pretty much by default due to the amount of people who still watch TV at 11PM on Sunday nights :rofl:  And also because the Farmer audience didn't want to stick around for a re-run of Comedy On The Edge and they saw the other recently premiered dating show in the other side, so they likely gave it a shot. It'll probably thrive on Sunday nights alone and that's it, cause in the weekdays, it's gonna bomb hardcore against Farmer and The Price Is Right.

And as far as Stripped goes, what TVI should have done is, well, promote it :rofl:  That was the mistake they committed with WWTMMS, and they did it again. They think this is still 2017 when they could get away with underpromoted products because they're TVI and everybody sees them all the time, but they are so fucking wrong. Floptastic bunch. Way to waste a great concept and let it get pounded by a stupid ass reality show about fake farmers (yeah, some of them aren't even farmers in real life) :rofl:

Just saw that Cruel Intentions is getting a re-release this weekend.

I mean, there's a movie that came out 20 years ago this month that was groundbreaking, hugely influential, and absolutely should be given a proper anniversary re-release... and clearly, that movie is Cruel Intentions.

• Haha 1