Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Still not sure why Stranger Things is landing on July 4 (surprised they didn't take advantage of Millie Bobby Brown already being everywhere promoting Godzilla in May) but I'm excited for its return nevertheless.

Interested to see if it affects Spider-Man 2 3.0, since they’re going after the exact same market

32 minutes ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

what is everyone usually supposed to do during the day?

does it vary by country?

I used unfortunately a new multiple socket thing, that includes USB charging.

I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to rescue 2 phones and.... ending with finding and ordering new akkus.

Sadly the original ones are not longer available, the externally made ones seem to be a bit vary in quality / longevity.

I work split times, means partly daytime, partly evenings or in the middle of the night.

So I use the daytimes I am not working for buying groceries, reading up, doing some other work, read for fun here at BOT in between, do DIY,... do things?

Probably not what some want hear, but the Disney Fox merger doesn't really move the needle for me either way.   

I certainly feel bad for those who are going to lose their jobs.   But other than that I'm just like alright.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Probably not what some want hear, but the Disney Fox merger doesn't really move the needle for me either way.   

I certainly feel bad for those who are going to lose their jobs.   But other than that I'm just like alright.

I'm in the same boat. The industry as a whole is just changing, especially with Netflix becoming an increasingly dominant force.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

why couldn't Fox be bought by some other company and continued with making movies.  Will disney even make the type of movies fox made? not a chance. this sucks

lol like Comcast would've been any better. We would be singing Fox Searchlight's swan song right now since they already have Focus as their specialty branch. Disney has already said they're leaving them as is, probably as their Miramax replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

lol like Comcast would've been any better. We would be singing Fox Searchlight's swan song right now since they already have Focus as their specialty branch. Disney has already said they're leaving them as is, probably as their Miramax replacement.

i'm not talking specifically about a movie company.  a different company who would have continued making movies. like coca cola making movies lol. anything would have been better than disney.