Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Disney is dominating the market.

If you look at all the biggest films this year that most people are interested in, its all Disney.

Endgame, Frozen 2, SW9., TLK... 

And Shazam, Detective Pikachu, Godzilla, Spiderman, It Chapter 2, and Jumanji 4...oh wait...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

@Telemachos

Is that good or bad for the actual for/at that Disney channel working writers? Or 'neutral' see the comment: so dominant that it controls the whole market 

“The agencies say that stagnation for lower and mid-level writers is not the result of packaging, that the data proves that writers working on agency-packaged shows are not disadvantaged,” Goodman said. “This is a false premise. There is no way to compare what writers would make in a world with agency packaging and without agency packaging. Agency packaging is so dominant that it controls the whole market for writers in television. Besides the Disney Channel, virtually all shows are packaged.”

https://deadline.com/2019/03/wga-makes-significant-move-for-deal-with-talent-agents-but-not-on-key-issues-of-packaging-and-producing-1202579414/

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

And Shazam, Detective Pikachu, Godzilla, Spiderman, It Chapter 2, and Jumanji 4...oh wait...

I think I was referring to the uber blockbuster tier so 1 billion plus :)

(plus Spiderman is seen by everyone through the Disney MCU lens now) 

Edited by Lordmandeep

20 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think I was referring to the uber blockbuster tier so 1 billion plus :)

(plus Spiderman is seen by everyone through the Disney MCU lens now) 

That is true, Detective Pikachu won’t be in the 1 Billie tier.

Pika Pika’s floor is 2 Billie.

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

To the plebs who couldn't stand Mother!....I now understand your pain after Climax, though probably not as much as the lone other guy in the theater who walked out an hour in.

But Sofia was enough for me ...

:ph34r:

I’d be sooooooo pissed.

Per the HR memo, the traditional Disney perks, including Disneyland passes and discounts on Disney merchandise, they will go into effect for the new Fox additions by end of 2019. Which means that many of those who will be laid off in the integration likely won’t be able to get a free Disneyland trip before they leave.

11 minutes ago, RichWS said:

To the plebs who couldn't stand Mother!....I now understand your pain after Climax, though probably not as much as the lone other guy in the theater who walked out an hour in.

You're not alone.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Suspiria was my "Oh, so THAT'S what mother! haters feel" movie. Climax is good stuff tho