Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

To kick him out for being too old and out of touch was in my POV one of the more stupid decision of WB

Hollywood in general has been doing a lot of course-correcting for past dumb choices in recent years, thankfully.

56 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I know.

My question is abut the explicit situation at Disney Channel, as it got excluded in the packaging article, this one part of Disney seemingy not working under / with the packaging system=

They're really two entirely separate things. The problem isn’t packaging as much as packaging fees, and it’s not the studio, it’s the agencies: they’re not acting in their clients’ best interests and often actively work against them (a total conflict of interest). For example, for a TV series that gets packaged, they’ll want 3% of the lifetime *gross* of the series — skimmed right off the top and taken directly from the show’s budget — whether their clients continue to work on the show or not. Without package fees (ie, the appropriate way to do business) they would take 10% of each of their client’s deals, as long as they worked on the show. 

Disney Channel may choose to take package deals or not, but that’s not really the issue and doesn’t necessarily hurt the writers. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

They're really two entirely separate things. ....

Disney Channel may choose to take package deals or not, but that’s not really the issue and doesn’t necessarily hurt the writers. 

I know.

I was just curious, as they explicit excluded them, but said in the same article that its so dominant, .... if there is a difference or not, and if there is a difference, if its better or worse

My question is really only about that detail = is a difference of payment-conditions for the writers at Disney Channel is even existing.

Bcs if there is a difference, I might want to delve way more into that theme, but only into the part usually not describd in all the articles:

the situation of the writers without such kind of contracts.

But if there is no difference, it would not make a lot of sense to delve into it.

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I know.

I was just curious, as they explicit excluded them, but said in the same article that its so dominant, .... if there is a difference or not, and if there is a difference, if its better or worse

My question is really only about that detail = is a difference of payment-conditions for the writers at Disney Channel is even existing.

Bcs if there is a difference, I might want to delve way more into that theme, but only into the part usually not describd in all the articles:

the situation of the writers without such kind of contracts.

But if there is no difference, it would not make a lot of sense to delve into it.

As far as I know, there’s no difference. Disney is dominant (in features) because they’ve bought a ton of other companies and their franchises. They have a wide range of product on TV but it’s not quite as ironclad a grasp. In terms of writers and salaries, I don’t think there’s anything especially noticeable or unique. DC rates are basic cable rates, which are below network and premium channels. I think they’re on par with other major basic cable rates (AMC, etc).

Edited by Telemachos

Just now, Telemachos said:

As far as I know, there’s no difference. Disney is dominant (in features) because they’ve bought a ton of other companies and their franchises. They have a wide range of product on TV but it’s not quite as ironclad a grasp. In terms of writers and salaries, I don’t think there’s anything especially noticeable or unique. DC rates are basic cable rates, which are below network and premium channels. I think they’re on par with other major basic cable rates (AMC, etc).

Thank you a lot= I wont delve into this then 😉

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If you couldn’t survive the first half hour of mother!, then you’re not gonna make it past the first 45 minutes of Climax lol

Revise that sentence a bit, and it can easily become a good "That's what she said" line.

• ...wtf 2

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I’m also confused as to what made you turn off mother! in the first 30 minutes.  That’s like, the only part of the movie that isn’t a complete stress inducing nightmare.

I got frustrated with the story going nowhere and the narration getting more weird.

• ...wtf 1

This is why Twitter sucks. Cindy McCain posted something from a woman named Tiffany Nicole. It actually came from FB messenger but the Twitter mob go after the right person?   Of course not

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, DAR said:

This is why Twitter sucks. Cindy McCain posted something from a woman named Tiffany Nicole. It actually came from FB messenger but the Twitter mob go after the right person?   Of course not

Step one yesterday was deleting the Twitter app on my phone. I feel close to done. It's a hellhole that sucks up too much of my time and gives me NOTHING but agita.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Step one yesterday was deleting the Twitter app on my phone. I feel close to done. It's a hellhole that sucks up too much of my time and gives me NOTHING but agita.

I never joined...spouse gave it up for Lent...and isn't missing it.

I do have Facebook - that's my one sop to social media b/c all of my younger family members only post their lives there - if I could break their habit, I would break mine:)...

31 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Did the same thing a few weeks ago, can still access it via my computers, but I've cut down on phone time by a bunch since it's my main social media app.

• Like 1