Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Madness is upon us!

The greatest playoff in US sports is now active.

I have UVA to win...and for the 1st year in a few, I actually think it's possible (thankfully, they threw away the ACC tourney to take the pressure off -- if they can not choke at the #16, which is the game I'm most worried about, they should float to the Final 4)...

I actually have them and Duke in a 3rd times the charm rematch for it all:)...

4 hours ago, RichWS said:

Step one yesterday was deleting the Twitter app on my phone. I feel close to done. It's a hellhole that sucks up too much of my time and gives me NOTHING but agita.

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I never joined...spouse gave it up for Lent...and isn't missing it.

I do have Facebook - that's my one sop to social media b/c all of my younger family members only post their lives there - if I could break their habit, I would break mine:)...

4 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Did the same thing a few weeks ago, can still access it via my computers, but I've cut down on phone time by a bunch since it's my main social media app.

I rarely go on Facebook these days, and I've tried to strip out as much personal info as I can (I know it's basically pointless at this point). I do have a fair number of industry/job-related contacts there, which is mainly why I haven't just ditched it entirely.

Twitter I've managed to (mostly) stay sane on though copious blocking and muting words & phrases. There are some great creative communities on there, though it can become a dumpster fire at times. 

Instagram I basically only use for my #365DaysOfMovies and promoting the movie I worked on.

• Like 3

Twitter, I use mostly per lists. You do not have to follow somone to add them to a list

Depending for what I am looking for, I roughly only get news feed matching to what I am looking for, e.g. BO.

I have more than one list, if needs be, I change to the one I need then, and so on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Twitter, I use mostly per lists. You do not have to follow somone to add them to a list

Depending for what I am looking for, I roughly only get news feed matching to what I am looking for, e.g. BO.

I have more than one list, if needs be, I change to the one I need then, and so on.

Huh, I should explore doing that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Twitter I've managed to (mostly) stay sane on though copious blocking and muting words & phrases. There are some great creative communities on there, though it can become a dumpster fire at times. 

I've been blocking and muting more than ever in the last month. Big problem is I follow too many people and while I enjoy most of them, they love to get pissed and retweet/quote idiotic things I have no interest in seeing. My feed is always losing their minds over something and I simply don't have the proper stress management for all of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, RichWS said:

I've been blocking and muting more than ever in the last month. Big problem is I follow too many people and while I enjoy most of them, they love to get pissed and retweet/quote idiotic things I have no interest in seeing. My feed is always losing their minds over something and I simply don't have the proper stress management for all of it. 

I'd use lists for that also:

per follow, if you go to your 'starting' point you see all (if you want to follow all).

In your case I mght probably create lists for e.g. insane, slightly insane, balanced ppl, at least it sounds a bit like that

also e.g. a list for actor / crew.. projects,.. seperate lists.

Authors,~ reliable news outlets, a list for outlets on the opposite site, space, nature,....

As the mood rides you. You can aways change them. they are there, do not interrupt each other, I see only the feed out of the list I have opened.

You can also add the same ppl to different lists

I also changed my / the location for trending-information I  want not to get.

I changed it to something far away, usually I do not even 'see' it, as usually not relateable.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Huh, I should explore doing that.

You can also subscribe to lists = I have no idea how they found me or why they find it worth following, but 4 did so explicit to/for my BO list

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Lmao so I'm with my mate and he gets send a umm quite revealing snapchat from a girl he likes and his first reaction is "hey Tree get your phone and take a picture of my phone before it expires". I am such a good friend.

---edit--- 

Should have scrolled up, didn't see @cookie already posted it. 👍

Second edit:

I'll go ahead and pull up a second one:

North Florida Man Tells Police He Burned Florida Gators Flag on Car Because He's a Miami Hurricanes Fan

That sounds... Almost normal????  At least when it comes to college sports fans. :lol:

Edited by Porthos