Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 hours ago, DAR said:

Release date of that picture is a bit strange (April 18), in especial the Tele Munich Group (Munich is an ~ hour drive from here, was in te local news, hence why I was aware, and knew its not up-to-date completely) got sold to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR), also Universum Films during the same month = February 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlberg_Kravis_Roberts#2010_to_present_day

A break them apart and sell company :(

The conditions for the merger per country... there is an own thread,  expect more sales and changes. That included European parts of the National Geographic....

Too much 'informative/teaching/... in one hand for the EU's taste.

Also sports stations all over the world for the same reason and other

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

Terrorist attack in Sri Lanka. More than 180 dead, may go much higher.

8th blast just happend.

Targetted 3 Churches during Easter Sunday. Probably some religious extremists. Do you know the people behind the attack yet?

Really terrible for Sri Lanka considering that the country has made quite a lot of progress since the war ended.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Sad 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Targetted 3 Churches during Easter Sunday. Probably some religious extremists. Do you know the people behind the attack yet?

No confirmation as of yet. Only thing we know is that few of these, 1-3 are suicide attacks. SL had civil war for 30 years. But LTT has been not active for a decade. There was warning issued a month prior, of ISIS members returning to SL.

So, let's wait. Any sri lankan members?

Speaking of Disney, they're gonna be opening a multi-room Beauty and the Beast-themed bar (multiple sources say its design is gonna be fashioned more after the live-action movie than the animated) opening in the Grand Floridian this fall. Will be fun to walk through the next time I'm there.

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Really terrible for Sri Lanka considering that the country has made quite a lot of progress since the war ended.

They had 10 years of peace after the Tamil Rebels war ended. For such a small country, this is a huge tragedy.

Early reports suggests its some Islamic extremist group, but still not yet confirmed.

I am rewatching Phantom Menace, I haven’t seen it in ten years. Let’s see if I still like it as when I was young. Were people extremely disappointed when it came out, or was it gradually disliked by the following years? 

Edited by CaptainJackSparrow

7 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I am rewatching Phantom Menace, I haven’t seen it in ten years. Let’s see if I still like it as when I was young. Were people extremely disappointed when it came out, or was it gradually disliked by the following years? 

The former, although it got decent reviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I saw it in the cinemas as a young kid, and everyone I knew as well as seemingly the general public, was amazed by it when it first came out, especially due to the hype. It wasn't until years later, and everything had cooled off, did we start to notice the "real and clear flaws", the film had. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1