Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

*sees bit that says 'largest U.S. broadcast station owner'*

NO NO NO NONONONONONONO please gawd n-

*clicks link*

sAEAaTZ.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 2

I mean, this doesn't affect me personally as I have NBC/Comcast for my regional sports nets.

But I'm acting this way coz it probably just made Sinclair a lot more powerful.  Sorta the way Fox first rose when it got the NFL back in the day.

One of the last things I personally want to see is Sinclair "I make Fox News Look Mainstream" Broadcasting getting any sort of possibility of getting even a iota more of power.

This stinks.  This really really stinks.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

My winter game prizes have arrived from @chasmmi. Enclosed are:

The Good, The Bad, and the Weird on Blu-Ray

Grave of the Fireflies on Blu-Ray

Labyrinth on Blu-Ray

Thirst on DVD

Can't wait to rewatch GOTF and hate myself in the process :) Thank you Chas!

Glad they arrived.  I thought maybe you hadn't seen GOTF and I think everybody should watch it. 

Good bad weird is a very fun and frenetic Korean Action Western.

Labrynth is David Bowie's testicles wrapped in Lycra.

And Thirst has some if the best acting ive seen in any film in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think I've seen Seth Rogen's interviews before, because I'm watching the Long Shot press tour videos and just realized what a fucking annoying laugh he has. I can't stand it. The lie detector video with Charlize is unwatchable.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I don't think I've seen Seth Rogen's interviews before, because I'm watching the Long Shot press tour videos and just realized what a fucking annoying laugh he has. I can't stand it. The lie detector video with Charlize is unwatchable.

Fail. Rogen's laugh is funny.

• Thanks 1

I just realized that Black Widow and Captain Marvel played Joseph Gordon-Levitt's girlfriend and sister respectively, in the movie Don Jon which was written and directed by Joseph himself.

What the hell happened to that guy's career?

2 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

I just realized that Black Widow and Captain Marvel played Joseph Gordon-Levitt's girlfriend and sister respectively, in the movie Don Jon which was written and directed by Joseph himself.

Maybe making movies with bad actors like the two you mentioned has something to do with it.

• Knock It Off 4

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Maybe making movies with bad actors like the two you mentioned has something to do with it.

Image result for eye roll gif

8 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

He is attached to one movie (Aaron Sorkin's The Trial of the Chicago 7 with Rogen, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Eddie Redmayne) so maybe a comeback is in order.

18 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Don Jon is really the fulcrum point in his career going down hill. there's a before don jon and after don jon. i'm not saying it was total career killer it wasn't toxic or anything, but still what a bad movie!

i was just thinking the other day how around that time there was a lot of hype of a guys and dolls remake with him and channing tatum and tatum is another guy who's just kinda fallen off as a movie star. spent too long trying to get gambit made i guess.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Don Jon is really the fulcrum point in his career going down hill. there's a before don jon and after don jon. i'm not saying it was total career killer it wasn't toxic or anything, but still what a bad movie!

i was just thinking the other day how around that time there was a lot of hype of a guys and dolls remake with him and channing tatum and tatum is another guy who's just kinda fallen off as a movie star. spent too long trying to get gambit made i guess.

Isn't Tatum busy putting together a Magic Mike musical (lol I shit you not) these days?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I wonder if JGL ever regrets turning down Guardians of the Galaxy to make...Sin City 2 (there was a Sin City 2?).

did he turn it down i thought he was just in consideration and they went elsewhere.

i know it's in vogue to hate on chris pratt but everyone else on that list of potential candidates for star lord would've been a bad choice. imagine eddie redmayne lmao.

• Haha 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

did he turn it down i thought he was just in consideration and they went elsewhere.

i know it's in vogue to hate on chris pratt but everyone else on that list of potential candidates for star lord would've been a bad choice. imagine eddie redmayne lmao.

He did. Apparently also passed on Godzilla '14 as well (I'm guessing the ATJ role).

https://www.indiewire.com/2013/01/joseph-gordon-levitt-passes-on-guardians-of-the-galaxy-joins-sin-city-a-dame-to-kill-for-will-be-in-3d-102579/

he would've been bad. i'm imagining a lot of names on the list like glenn howerton or logan marshall green or even jogolev i think the character would've been... sleazier with any of them. pratt playing him as an oversized 13 year old is the best choice.

THAT said if guardians of the galaxy had been made like 4 years later i'm sure my boy glen powell would've been cast and he would've smashed it.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4