Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Can anyone tell me if there are any films since 2010 whose final DOM total was updated but the daily gross stopped being tracked before it reached said total, just like what happened with Rampage last year?

Dunkirk did this I’m pretty sure

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Nah it just had an Oscar re-issue.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dunkirkreissue.htm

It's kind of strange because it had 'two' reissues. One on December 1st, and it surely got a 2nd reissue/expansion in January after nominations. But the daily grosses don't match with the reissue total, so I don't know if you'd want to count that

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MrPink said:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dunkirkreissue.htm

It's kind of strange because it had 'two' reissues. One on December 1st, and it surely got a 2nd reissue/expansion in January after nominations. But the daily grosses don't match with the reissue total, so I don't know if you'd want to count that

Fair. Also I now recall that at one point its lifetime gross was just over 190m but then they updated it down to 189.7, the only such instance I know of

Well shit, my mates girlfriends mum just died. I can't even imagine losing a parent at 17.  Just trying to be nice with her and not talk about it but feels awkward man. 

• Sad 1

Glass was Lady In the Water-level of bad. I don't know how that happened. Split was brilliant. Just saw it again the other night. First time I loved it but left with the feeling that I was manipulated by nostalgia. But no, it's a really great movie. Glass on the other hand feel like it was made by a newcomer with no self awareness. Yikes.

• Knock It Off 3

Glass is actually pretty good and entertaining. Very good final set piece. Shyamalan is the absolute best composing a scene and that in itself is enough to make it interesting. Not sure about the twist, but doesn't ruin the experience. McAvoy feels less like ACTOR DOING ACTING here.

Better than Split for sure. 

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pets-still-not-retrieved-plane-160829650.html

LOL, of course they would shut down the plane with the animals inside for safety precautions, 

they do all kinds of stupid shit...

look at DUIs in residential neighborhoods, they will wake up the whole neighborhood, order a tow truck, shout across the street for 30 minutes.  it is so fucking cheesy the way they order tow trucks, and hold planes in the water due to safety precautions.  Why do people listen to them?  Go on the plane and get the cats in the cargo area, fuck these idiots and their safety force.  if they stop you, curse them to hell

This Operaman bit on Weekend Update is perfect evidence that the whole show should have been made up of callbacks to Sandler's best SNL bits instead of... uh... whatever they've been trying to do during the rest of this otherwise woefully unfunny episode.

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

This Operaman bit on Weekend Update is perfect evidence that the whole show should have been made up of callbacks to Sandler's best SNL bits instead of... uh... whatever they've been trying to do during the rest of this otherwise woefully unfunny episode.

Agreed but not gonna lie, Pete Davidson as Little Nicky made me laugh more than it should have.

being a hermit is a disease, get friends, or face the stimulus tests and judgement

Pile+Driver+Micro-Goomba.PNG

Spoiler

anytime I see an advertisement sponsored by someone named 'Sarah' with a caption showing their name

Spoiler

lately they have been showing different Sarah's, and to my liking, they look like they were abandoned by how overweight they were

Spoiler

it brought warm feelings to my heart

Edited by Slave Animal Rights