Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, cannastop said:

You're on a movie forum and didn't know about Bonnie and Clyde?

I knew of the names but had no idea who they were or what they did, I thought it was something romantic, didn't know it was bank robberies and shootings and stuff.

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

spider-man 2 the undefeated superhero train movie. other than that batman begins and... the wolverine?

what about Superman outrunning a train?

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

spider-man 2 the undefeated superhero train movie. other than that batman begins and... the wolverine?

2004 was a glorious year for trains in superhero movies between Spider-Man 2, The Incredibles, and even Hellboy!

What annoys me about the criticism of Game of Thrones final season is that I’m fine with the show, everyone I know is fine with the show, but most the criticism is 100% valid and it annoys the shit out of me.

I see the flaws. I totally see it. I fully understand. It’s like all the nuance has flown out the window. The need for fan-service and the constant ramping up of excitement and tension has made certain characters regress. Dumb decisions left and right. There’s a rush to tell stories no one really wanted to tell. There’s characters that the writers really have no idea what to do with. BUT I came in expecting action and I’m being well fed. The whole thing might be hard to rewatch though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

What annoys me about the criticism of Game of Thrones final season is that I’m fine with the show, everyone I know is fine with the show, but most the criticism is 100% valid and it annoys the shit out of me.

I see the flaws. I totally see it. I fully understand. It’s like all the nuance has flown out the window. The need for fan-service and the constant ramping up of excitement and tension has made certain characters regress. Dumb decisions left and right. There’s a rush to tell stories no one really wanted to tell. There’s characters that the writers really have no idea what to do with. BUT I came in expecting action and I’m being well fed. The whole thing might be hard to rewatch though.

Its funny, because while i still ... kind of ... enjoy watching the show, i know its miles away from the Masterpieces that were Seasons 1-4. I know its stupid now, but i cant help myself, im still very much interested in it, no matter how mad some of it makes me.

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

honestly whenever the show has an episode that people are like "that episode was incredible. that was revolutionary television" or an episode that has people saying "what a disaster, it made no sense, they've ruined every character" my reaction is usually about the same at a "yeah that was pretty good it was like a 7/10" to both episodes.