Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

KyIU51m.gif

Those billboards for that men only divorce firm are now starting to show up along I-95 yet again and I'm just gonna assume these idiots are also the ones for who run it. @WrathOfHan I'm just gonna assume those don't exist up there.

Edited by filmlover

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Those billboards for that men only divorce film are now starting to show up along I-95 yet again and I'm just gonna assume these idiots are also the ones for who run it. @WrathOfHan I'm just gonna assume those don't exist up there.

Umm...does Rocketman feature a divorce in the movie? :lol: (yes I know it's a typo)

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Umm...does Rocketman feature a divorce in the movie? :lol: (yes I know it's a typo)

Heh.

I just want to know what their protocol is for same-sex divorces though. Like, how do they decide who to represent? Process of elimination by sitting both dudes down and finding out which one fits the role of "the wife" (cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, etc.) more? lmao.

I just recently talked with a number of VFX artists from Method Studios and they told me the reason why a lot of CGI nowadays sticks out today is duh most of it is rushed. Because there's now way more visual effects shots for films than ever before and only a limited number of VFX artists to go around.

Not to mention it is an insanely competitive industry and it's difficult to find qualified artists to match the amount of work (not all VFX artists are equal) required to finish up big budget VFX films that come out every year. Stuff like scheduling restrictions means they have to submit shots for final before the artists working on them are happy with their work. Many times these artists told me they know the product they are delivering could be much much better, but there's a lack of time and manpower to do so. 

As was said before talent in VFX is similar to talent in most fields. It's limited. There aren't thousands of talented directors/artists - only a handful. With the amount of VFX needed in Hollywood nowadays combined with the constant drive by big studios for more and more, you can't hire a team of "fantastic workers" and call it a day. 

The drive to cut costs off practical effects (because profit > everything else) is starting to really wear on these guys. They told me many of them have burned out and there's even reports of suicides and depression among those who remain but nobody gives a shit because VFX artists get no visibility. 

Seems IMO we need to give artists more breathing room and better attention to their conditions and pay. But I doubt anything will come of this. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 7

Yeah, Arrow caught up to the 5 years and The Flash just seemed to be twisting itself into knots. I missed an episode then another and before you know one and half seasons have passed. 

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I just recently talked with a number of VFX artists from Method Studios and they told me the reason why a lot of CGI nowadays sticks out today is duh most of it is rushed. Because there's now way more visual effects shots for films than ever before and only a limited number of VFX artists to go around.

Not to mention it is an insanely competitive industry and it's difficult to find qualified artists to match the amount of work (not all VFX artists are equal) required to finish up big budget VFX films that come out every year. Stuff like scheduling restrictions means they have to submit shots for final before the artists working on them are happy with their work. Many times these artists told me they know the product they are delivering could be much much better, but there's a lack of time and manpower to do so. 

As was said before talent in VFX is similar to talent in most fields. It's limited. There aren't thousands of talented directors/artists - only a handful. With the amount of VFX needed in Hollywood nowadays combined with the constant drive by big studios for more and more, you can't hire a team of "fantastic workers" and call it a day. 

The drive to cut costs off practical effects (because profit > everything else) is starting to really wear on these guys. They told me many of them have burned out and there's even reports of suicides and depression among those who remain but nobody gives a shit because VFX artists get no visibility. 

Seems IMO we need to give artists more breathing room and better attention to their conditions and pay. But I doubt anything will come of this. 

Do they at least get paid well?

7 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Holy Fuck!

Chernobyl. 

This shit is chilling. 

Toured Pripyat a couple of years back. One of my all time greatest vacations. The show has been gripping so far, hoping it can maintain this level of quality. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I just had a daunting thought. I must be approaching over 100 episodes behind in watching the Arrowverse shows. And I don’t even watch the Legends show. 

I watch them all and I fell like I have lost years of life doing it. 

I am hyped for Batwoman tho so I will watch that as well next Fall lmao.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

1.I need to listen to the whole commentary. 

2.I’d totally forgotten Jason Isaacs was in it. 

That clip made me realize I forgot Billy Bob Thornton was in it too.

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Sounds like Clooney has pretty much retired from leading roles, can't say it's much of a surprise since the last time he was seen on screen was Money Monster three years ago.

Good riddance.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

I watch them all and I fell like I have lost years of life doing it. 

I am hyped for Batwoman tho so I will watch that as well next Fall lmao.

But you also watch Gotham and I'm pretty sure watching that results in losing decades.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Do they at least get paid well?

Nope. Many are underpaid. Some VFX companies in particular love to do the minimal so they can make the max profit off anything. And Hollywood companies have tight schedules because of marketing component. 

Method Studios I'm talking about were the ones that made that...CGI fight at the end of Black Panther if I remember correctly, but they also did the CGI for Infinity War so it's not like they're bad at it. It's money and time as they told me. . 

• Sad 2