Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Tolerance won.

Beautiful.

Wonder if the 3.1m viewer bump, 9% market share increase from the year before:

91st February 24, 2019 2018 Green Book 29.6 million 20.6 none[9] Dolby Theatre ABC-TV
90th March 4, 2018 2017 The Shape of Water 26.5 million 18.9 Jimmy Kimmel Dolby Theatre ABC-TV

Didn't made the search for a new host less of a priority also, reviews for the show were quite good.

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i was gonna joke about it being in the Best Fight category and it actually is lmaooooo

Gonna be a tough fight between

*checks list*

3 movies and a wrestling event.

Also, why wasn’t (any character) vs racism in the Best Fight category or racism in the Best Villain category?

Edited by MrGamer
  • Like 1

real talk the rbg doc was bad and there's a ten minute stretch that's the most annoying ten minutes of any movie from last year where they're interviewing people who make memes of her (horrible. they should all go to JAIL) and showing a bunch of clips of kate mckinnon's (the least funny woman alive) SNL impressions of her. 

• Haha 1

Katy Perry’s history-making streak of 20 consecutive top 40 hits, stretching back all the way to 2008’s “I Kissed A Girl,” came to a screeching halt in 2017 when “Bon Appétit” stalled at number 59 on the Billboard Hot 100. The unforgivable irony is that it’s one of the pop star’s best singles. Featuring Migos and produced by Max Martin & cohorts, “Bon Appétit” is a bouncy, sex-positive banger that deftly blends pop, trap and house elements. It also boasts one of the catchiest choruses in recent memory. So what went wrong?

The not-exactly-subtle lyrics were pilloried by some, but Katy has never shied away from a double entendre. (Exhibit A is “Peacock”). Then there was the faux outrage about the involvement of Migos. The “365” diva was criticized for working with alleged homophobes, but the same energy was nowhere to be seen when other artists hit them up for a feature. In the end, I think it came down to the right song at the wrong time. A campy banger with ’90s house elements didn’t have a place on top 40 radio in 2017, which is the kiss of death for a commercial pop release.

This tragic tale of woe does have a happy ending, however. “Bon Appétit” has already been embraced as a firm fan favorite and is widely acknowledged, at least by the great minds of Stan Twitter, as a cult classic. And then there’s the (incredible) video. Which has taken on a life of its own, amassing close to 700 million views on YouTube. Revisit Katy’s misunderstood and sorely slept-on bop below.

https://www.idolator.com/7774486/should-have-been-bigger-katy-perry-bon-appetit?chrome=1

I was addicted to this song for more than a year. I'm glad it's finally getting the recognition it deserves.

I'm surprised MTV didn't make three years in a row where they spoiled the ending of a movie still in theaters (Get Out two years ago and Love, Simon last year). Then again, looking at what's been released the last three months there hasn't been much to spoil. Even the twist in Us was given away in the trailer.

Edited by filmlover

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

But you also watch Gotham and I'm pretty sure watching that results in losing decades.

I watched all of it. The entire 5 seasons. It was legendary. Now I am taking a medicine for all the side effects it caused from his trashiness called Chernobyl. Shit is AMAZING.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Guess my Samsung tv is too old, I didn't get it. 

My Apple TV box is very old too but it still works great for every streaming service I use.

I’m enjoying the app. They’ve upgraded all my hd movies into 4K for free and I didn’t have to do a thing.

• Like 1

Just found that tomorrow, Wheatus is playing in the tiny hall in my town. It must be hard being a one-hit wonder band who has to tour the world to scrape every last inch of the barrel from a 20-year old song.

Anyway - tickets booked.

Edited by Avatree