Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

God bless Alan Silvestri! Like, god damn....

Listening to all his Avengers scores and I feel like i'm going to burst into tears. There's actually no better way to re-live great movies than to listen to their scores. It makes you feel all the feelings you felt watching it. The Avengers scores were always great but listening to them after Endgame, it's on a totally different level now. I find myself reflecting on the Infinity Saga upon listening, now that it's over. It's a melancholy feeling, but nice nonetheless.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cannastop said:

Guys, what do you think of this? Some girl I know online says she might drive 800 miles to see me, and the city where I live. It was somewhat of an unsolicited offer. Of course, I enthusiastically accepted. You might think catfish, but we've been talking for a few months now, and this isn't even on a dating site. And she's not asking for any money from me either. I approached her first. What do you make of this?

If you decide to meet up, meet in a public place.  Don't give her your address.  Don't plan on her staying over at your place.  Let your friends know when and where you are going and resolve to text them after you meet her and about 2-3 hours afterward.

Not saying this isn't totally on the up and up, b/c it probably is...but in case it's not, set it up so you stay safe.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I'm video chatting with her now, Seems legit,

Went really well, actually. I might have committed a faux pas along the way, but it was kind of wonderful. I see her differently now. And I'm pretty sure she's not a catfish.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

If you decide to meet up, meet in a public place.  Don't give her your address.  Don't plan on her staying over at your place.  Let your friends know when and where you are going and resolve to text them after you meet her and about 2-3 hours afterward.

Not saying this isn't totally on the up and up, b/c it probably is...but in case it's not, set it up so you stay safe.

There have been some developments. I video chatted her. I did tell her my address, but I don't live alone, so maybe it's a bit safer. I dunno. I plan to meet her in front of a movie theater if she ever decides to visit. I guess I'll tell my brother and mother about all of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

There have been some developments. I video chatted her. I did tell her my address, but I don't live alone, so maybe it's a bit safer. I dunno. I plan to meet her in front of a movie theater if she ever decides to visit. I guess I'll tell my brother and mother about all of this.

Well, she basically told me not to think of her as a girlfriend. But she still might meet up with me.

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

God bless Alan Silvestri! Like, god damn....

Pretty sure I had Portals on repeat like like 45 minutes this afternoon.

• Like 1

The Big Bang Theory's finale was good. It was never won of my favorite shows even though I watched it ever since it premiered 12 years ago, but it was always one of those shows where you could easily watch it and say "this is a pleasant way to spend a half hour" (unlike, uh, that other Chuck Lorre hit that premiered in the mid-2000s and ran for more than a decade). I'll miss the characters.

• Like 1

@grim22 I think that would was a really unfair thread banning because I was about to clarify that there were spoilers for A Dog's Journey in that post with an edit (not that anyone here plans to see it anyway really). Either way, I'm not mad, and will respect the banning.

Edited by filmlover