Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

just realized your avatar was christopher abbot in that show. i thought it was a welcome to marwen avatar.

How long before Abbot's eaten up by the funnybook machine? He was probably my second choice for Batman behind Battinson.

I hope Catch-22 is great. It's probably my favourite book of all time, but a lot of it works so well because Heller's prose is incredible

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

There are sure a lot of posters that haven't posted in the past few months.

Blame Star Wars and funny book movies (thank the lord Game of Thrones is a show and not a movie with how controversial the final season has been).

46 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Blame Star Wars and funny book movies (thank the lord Game of Thrones is a show and not a movie with how controversial the final season has been).

But there hasn't been a Star Wars movie in quite a while, huh?

@CJohn Dude, I think A Prisioneira really isn't saving TVI anytime soon. Alma e Coração, even though it loses to the competition, has held the two primetime slots for SIC ever since Vidas Opostas came to an end. And since that strategy began, SIC has gotten victories with, like, 5% in difference (not 0.5%.... 5 full %, aka the kind of differences TVI used to have on SIC). Remember that Alma e Coração only does low 20's in share and sub-10% in rating, but that makes an enormous difference compared to the brutally under 20% shares that Vidas Opostas used to post.

And Golpe de Sorte has had a really strong marketing campaign so far, compared to Prisioneira which.... has been good, but not spectacular, and also happens to exist in a channel that does about 16% share daily. Plus, that soap is gonna be very short (only 100 episodes, I think), it's gonna be set in the campside (differentiating it from the traditional city-set soaps), it has a very relatable plot..... I think it's gonna be massive. TVI are gonna lose the primetime. I'm calling it now.

(And even though The Farmer Wants A Wife has been weakening on Sundays - of course, it has.... although, on the other hand, it has grown into an absolute monster at 7PM - having Your Face Sounds Familiar as competition is gonna make its job no more difficult, and with Somos Portugal pretty much dead at this point, TVI is not gonna take even fucking Sundays anytime soon :rofl:)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Dude, I think A Prisioneira really isn't saving TVI anytime soon. Alma e Coração, even though it loses to the competition, has held the two primetime slots for SIC ever since Vidas Opostas came to an end. And since that strategy began, SIC has gotten victories with, like, 5% in difference (not 0.5%.... 5 full %, aka the kind of differences TVI used to have on SIC). Remember that Alma e Coração only does low 20's in share and sub-10% in rating, but that makes an enormous difference compared to the brutally under 20% shares that Vidas Opostas used to post.

And Golpe de Sorte has had a really strong marketing campaign so far, compared to Prisioneira which.... has been good, but not spectacular, and also happens to exist in a channel that does about 16% share daily. Plus, that soap is gonna be very short (only 100 episodes, I think), it's gonna be set in the campside (differentiating it from the traditional city-set soaps), it has a very relatable plot..... I think it's gonna be massive. TVI are gonna lose the primetime. I'm calling it now.

(And even though The Farmer Wants A Wife has been weakening on Sundays - of course, it has.... although, on the other hand, it has grown into an absolute monster at 7PM - having Your Face Sounds Familiar as competition is gonna make its job no more difficult, and with Somos Portugal pretty much dead at this point, TVI is not gonna take even fucking Sundays anytime soon :rofl:)

It is a good/bad idea to put Maria Cerqueira Gomes as the host of Your Face Sounds Familiar. On one hand, if it works it might bump the morning show. On another hand, it might sink even harder the Sundays for TVI. I honestly think at this point it is a worthy risk. 

A Prisioneira has a shit ton of marketing on the streets that sells Joana Ribeiro vs Kelly Bailey as the big hook. Lets see if those two are the draws TVI expects them to be.

Edited by CJohn

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is a good/bad idea to put Maria Cerqueira Gomes as the host of Your Face Sounds Familiar. On one hand, if it works it might bump the morning show. On another hand, it might sink even harder the Sundays for TVI. I honestly think at this point it is a worthy risk. 

A Prisioneira has a shit ton of marketing on the streets that sells Joana Ribeiro vs Kelly Bailey as the big hook. Lets see if those two are the draws TVI expects them to be.

I like the idea too, she's a fantastic host and it could bump the morning show, but yeah, she's not gonna provide any serious competition in either the morning or Sunday fronts regardless, so it's really just for the "hey, please check me out on the mornings" sake of it.

And as far as Prisioneira, there's another draw in the writer herself (same writer as A Herdeira and A Única Mulher, and a myriad of other big hits), but sometimes, it doesn't matter how many planets align: the stars won't shine your way. If she writes another soap like those two, the audience is probably gonna get tired of it real quick (both of those shows lost a shit ton of people the longer they went on, as bad wom started to spread). Kelly Bailey is definitely a draw, but this is a different era of TVI now, and with the oversaturation of the same style of soaps, even a draw like her could be a non-factor (i.e.: Dancing With The Stars was almost a bomb and it had her + a myriad of other draws in it). And Joana Ribeiro, I dunno if she's even truly a draw, because she's been in a lot of flops (do you remember Poderosas? Holy fucking shit, what a fiasco that was). Sure, she became very popular for the TVI public as the serial killer from A Teia, but A Teia did the same ratings that Jogo Duplo did, and Jogo Duplo was considered a flop. A Teia only somewhat succeeded because of the non-competition it tackled.... just you wait until Segredos Que Matam bombs hardcore. I think that A Prisioneira will depend heavily on social media + street marketing to be sold, and even then, I don't know. Golpe de Sorte is looking real good with how amazingly well it's been promoted so far. TVI is putting all eggs on the Prisioneira basket. Who knows if it's gonna be worth it.

Apparently Arnold can take a kick to the back and not even know he was kicked

some idiot dropped kicked him and on his twitter he had said he though the crowd just jostled him and had no idea he got kicked until he saw the video.  He's still a tough SOB apparently