Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Is it acceptable behaviour that an off duty police officer comes into a movie with his wife, she asks for free popcorn because she “had to wait in line” and when told no she says “you do realize that my husband is a cop, don’t you?”

The husband doesn’t force us to do anything, but he stood there and listened. Is that legit criminal behaviour/misuse of power? Or just a husband and wife being a dick to customer service?

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Is it acceptable behaviour that an off duty police officer comes into a movie with his wife, she asks for free popcorn because she “had to wait in line” and when told no she says “you do realize that my husband is a cop, don’t you?”

The husband doesn’t force us to do anything, but he stood there and listened. Is that legit criminal behaviour/misuse of power? Or just a husband and wife being a dick to customer service?

That’s 2 people being dicks plus it’s a slippery slope if that’s the angle they’re willing to play to get free popcorn. 

12 hours ago, CJohn said:

I didn't even bother to watch that lmao.

We put on a pretty decent performance, for a change. The formation of B. Silva/Guedes/CR7 worked wonders, mostly because Bernardo is a fucking genius and his partnerships with Guedes (who scored a great goal) and Bruno Fernandes (who was a great chance creator, but a terrible finisher) were absolute playmakers against Holland's tight backline. They were making Van Djik's defense squad look like wimps a couple of times actually :rofl: Ronaldo contributed, but I would say that this Portugal didn't play like a one-man team and rather like a cohesive unit. The defense was also significantly better than usual, with Danilo Pereira in particular being a fucking wall in the back, and Patrício played well too. Shame that Pepe was injured because him >>> Fonte any day of the week, but otherwise, the defense line was good.

Look, the Nations League is an irrelevant fuck, but we did go down in history as the 1st winners ever, the 1st team to have both the Euro and Nations League titles at the same time and the 1st team to qualify to the final phase of those two competitions + the World Cup and the Confederations Cup. Plus, 10 million is a good little help to pay our international debts (our economy is improving, but it's still not quite good yet) :ph34r:

Anyway, off to watching the Microsoft E3 conference. Already got the Keanu Cyberpunk stuff + Gears being aptly renamed "Gears Of War 5" + an apparent flight simulator spoiled, so..... we'll see.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

On 6/9/2019 at 9:44 AM, DeeCee said:

By popular demand. 

OK, I started watching this. 

Gwyneth Paltrow is in the first episode.  She’s shocked to realise she was in Spider-Man Homecoming. I’m pretty sure she was being serious. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Unless they forced you to action it's her spouting nonsense. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrPink said:

I'd be surprised if Last of Us makes it in 2019 with Death Stranding taking a prime holiday slot for Sony. 

MS/Sony are both coming out with their new consoles in Holiday 2020. My guess is that Last of Us 2 is slotting in somewhere at the end of January 2020, otherwise, summer (similar to the first's release date in June). With March now having Final Fantasy VII, and April having Cyberpunk, things are a bit packed right now.

Good point.

Early 2020 is looking great. I am especially looking forward to the FF VII remake. 

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

OK, I started watching this. 

Gwyneth Paltrow is in the first episode.  She’s shocked to realise she was in Spider-Man Homecoming. I’m pretty sure she was being serious. 

Honestly, I get it. She probably came in for like 2 hours and filmed the scene and it probably blurred in with her memories of filming an Avengers film.

• Like 1

I wish Paltrow would come back to acting full time. Her only credits since 2015 have been thanks to the MCU (and those appearances are now over anyway) and Ryan Murphy. Her business empire has her set for life though.

Edited by filmlover

6 hours ago, DAJK said:

I don't think you can go to jail for that.

But I'm no lawyer.

I have heard of cops sending tow truck guys to jail if they tow their cars though.

• Knock It Off 1

@CJohn Yesterday, Your Face Sounds Familiar was less seen than Vida Selvagem, the BBC wildlife documentary show. It hit the lowest result EVER for the format in Portugal - 6% rating and 15% share. Somos Portugal hit nearly 19% share and SIC went to its worst result of the year on the afternoon, and both night broadcasts were raped by the Nations League finals (27.6% rating / 61.6% share, 2nd most watched broadcast of the year so far behind the post-match celebration right afterwards, which hit 27.9% / 57.1%), so one would think that the somewhat strong morning, strong afternoon and equal night news result would give TVI the edge. Yet still, the Vida Selvagem + Primeiro Jornal duo combined with an overperformance from the real premiere of Season 2 of the phenomenon The Farmer Wants A Wife (11.2% / 26.9% right after the game was over......... this show is a freak of Goddamn nature) were enough to keep SIC in second place only to RTP1 due to the football game. THAT is how much of a flop Your Face Sounds Familiar is. It sunk TVI to third place on Sunday when they had everything to at least stay steady on second. At just past 10PM, RTP3 was only a single decimal behind TVI. TVI's week average was 15%, one decimal behind RTP1's (15.1%) and nearly half of SIC's (19.3%).... probably the 1st time in God knows how long that their average ranked third, and definitely the worst week average for the channel since 1999.

:hahaha:  This is becoming comedic levels of humilliation now. And there are rumors that Gabriela Sobral is coming back to TVI running amuck too......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Yesterday, Your Face Sounds Familiar was less seen than Vida Selvagem, the BBC wildlife documentary show. It hit the lowest result EVER - 6% rating and 15% share. Somos Portugal hit nearly 19% share and SIC went to its worst result of the year on the afternoon, and both night broadcasts were raped by the Nations League finals (27.6% rating / 61.6% share, 2nd most watched broadcast of the year so far behind the post-match celebration right afterwards, which hit 27.9% / 57.1%), so one would think that the somewhat strong morning, strong afternoon and equal night news result would give TVI the edge. Yet still, the Vida Selvagem + Primeiro Jornal duo combined with an overperformance from the real premiere of Season 2 of the phenomenom The Farmer Wants A Wife (11.2% / 26.9% right after the game was over......... this show is a freak of Goddamn nature) were enough to keep SIC in second place only to RTP1 due to the football game. THAT is how much of a flop Your Face Sounds Familiar is. It sunk TVI to third place on Sunday when they had everything to at least stay steady on second. At just past 10PM, RTP3 was only a single decimal behind TVI. TVI's week average was 15%, one decimal behind RTP1's (15.1%) and nearly half of SIC's (19.3%).... probably the 1st time in God knows how long that their average ranked third, and definitely the worst week average for the channel since 1999.

:hahaha:  This is becoming comedic levels of humilliation now. And there are rumors that Gabriela Sobral is coming back to TVI running amuck too......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TVI needs to close doors now. If I worked at the channel I would be embarassed to show my face every day.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

TVI needs to close doors now. If I worked at the channel I would be embarassed to show my face every day.

If Ljubomir on Sundays and RAP on weekdays (Gente Que Não Sabe Estar will apparently become a weekday segment) can't save them, nothing can. And considering that Ljubomir will face real competition for the 1st time (as in competition that can actually beat him) and RAP hasn't saved the Sunday night primetime flops from losing to SIC all the same, I doubt they can do it. They should just sell themselves to Cofina and officially adopt the CMTV2 mantle.

57 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If Ljubomir on Sundays and RAP on weekdays (Gente Que Não Sabe Estar will apparently become a weekday segment) can't save them, nothing can. And considering that Ljubomir will face real competition for the 1st time (as in competition that can actually beat him) and RAP hasn't saved the Sunday night primetime flops from losing to SIC all the same, I doubt they can do it. They should just sell themselves to Cofina and officially adopt the CMTV2 mantle.

RAP is what now? They are gona burn him fast like this. Hopefully it only changes in September in the lead in to the elections with all the politics coming in for interviews.

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

RAP is what now? They are gona burn him fast like this. Hopefully it only changes in September in the lead in to the elections with all the politics coming in for interviews.

That's what I heard: sometime this year, he's going to weekdays. Whether that's now or in September, I'm unsure.