Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 6/10/2019 at 2:06 AM, filmlover said:

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

He's actually been on a pretty good run recently with "prestige" projects. Hopefully the stuff under his Netflix deal is of similar high quality.

Once the got Glee out of his system, I've loved everything he's done.  (And I think Glee wasn't entirely his fault.  That cast was messy AF.) Glad you are enjoying BLL!! 

I just finished Gentleman Jack.  My pores are cleaned.  My soul is cleansed. It's sooo good.

And this you see this?

alskdgjalskgdjalsdg

11 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

8 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

What is your favorite HBO show?

I feel like it's a cliche to say 'The Wire', so not including the GOAT:

1. Chernobyl 
  2. VEEP
  3. Big Little Lies
  4. Gentlemen Jack
  5. Band of Brothers

6 hours ago, AJG said:

3 hours ago, AJG said:

I’m glad The Avenger stunt doubles are still finding work out here

Hey hey, don't insult the Hargraves like that.  

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a great read:

That the A's were THIS CLOSE to seeing what Trout was is just... Well I almost feel bad for them.  Almost.

Just a fantastic read for anyone interested in the finer bits of baseball lore.  Really curious what the other teams not interviewed in the story have to say about all of this.  Suppose it really does come down to the bias against high school players in the northeast that the article mentioned.

@TwoMisfits @4815162342 @DAR @tribefan695 @Deep Wang @Jayhawk @Water Bottle @Webslinger @MrPink and other Baseball BOTters that I'm forgetting out there will probably find this interesting.

(someone let Tele know about this article)

• Like 1

@MCKillswitch123

Awful weekend all around as Pets 2 opens with like idk 1/4 of the first one?!?!? And that is counting previews from last Saturday as part of the weekend. Dark Phoenix opened with the same Apocalypse did... on his 2nd weekend. Overall nobody wants to see these movies. Aladdin is the only positive thing about all of this.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_6_a_9_junho_2019_16575cff88fa2e033.pdf

6 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Once the got Glee out of his system, I've loved everything he's done.  (And I think Glee wasn't entirely his fault.  That cast was messy AF.) Glad you are enjoying BLL!! 

I just finished Gentleman Jack.  My pores are cleaned.  My soul is cleansed. It's sooo good.

And this you see this?

lol so that's the performance they said wasn't seen on TV (I wouldn't know since I didn't watch any of it except for the touching Boys in the Band acceptance speech and that hilarious "fight" between Audra McDonald and Laura Linney - how long until an awards show scoops them up as hosts?).

Have you seen Ma yet, captainwondyful? You're gonna love it. :rofl: Especially this one scene

Spoiler

Octavia gets into this fight with a little 90 year old grandma in the salon she's at over watching a video from the kids saying to stay from her on her phone that goes like this:

Octavia: Not today, old lady!

Random Grandma: You bitch!

Image result for laughing chris evans gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123

Awful weekend all around as Pets 2 opens with like idk 1/4 of the first one?!?!? And that is counting previews from last Saturday as part of the weekend. Dark Phoenix opened with the same Apocalypse did... on his 2nd weekend. Overall nobody wants to see these movies. Aladdin is the only positive thing about all of this.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_6_a_9_junho_2019_16575cff88fa2e033.pdf

Didn't Pets 1 have like 200K admissions on OW alone? That's a terrible, floptastic failure on the sequel's part. Dark Phoenix, LMAO. New Mutants is so gonna follow suit if it's not, like, Logan levels of good. Godzilla is also looking like a megaflop, Jesus Christ.

Aladdin is a fucking behemoth. How on Earth? Blargh. And Toy Story 4 is probably gonna break the animated OW record at this point. There's marketing for it EVERYFUCKINGWHERE, it's nauseating. On top of that, I believe Endgame is really close to cracking the all-time top 15 in admissions (and I believe it's #7 on actual box office revenue in €, which is madness). Poor Disney, they just can't seem to win :hahaha:

I also noticed John Wick: Chapter 2 was in the chart. Did it have double features with Chapter 3?

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Didn't Pets 1 have like 200K admissions on OW alone? That's a terrible, floptastic failure on the sequel's part. Dark Phoenix, LMAO. New Mutants is so gonna follow suit if it's not, like, Logan levels of good. Godzilla is also looking like a megaflop, Jesus Christ.

Aladdin is a fucking behemoth. How on Earth? Blargh. And Toy Story 4 is probably gonna break the animated OW record at this point. There's marketing for it EVERYFUCKINGWHERE, it's nauseating. On top of that, I believe Endgame is really close to cracking the all-time top 15 in admissions (and I believe it's #7 on actual box office revenue in €, which is madness). Poor Disney, they just can't seem to win :hahaha:

I also noticed John Wick: Chapter 2 was in the chart. Did it have double features with Chapter 3?

Apparently it did in a couple of places. It is good as it let us see how much JW3 has increased from JW2 here.

Pets sold like 160-170.000 tickets on OW. This drop is a disaster. I wonder how hard will Toy Story 4 explode at this point. Pets 2 OW barely beating Aladdin's 3rd weekend in tickets sold on OW is absolutely stunning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

What a great read:

Taking Dustin Ackley with the second pick still stings, even if it was a no-brainer that just about any other team would have done in that slot at that time. There was a ton of hype surrounding him in Seattle when he came up and he even had a decent rookie year (or at least it seemed like he did considering that he was one of few guys on that team who could consistently hit above his weight), and then he flamed out fast. The real kicker is that the Mariners also took Ackley's UNC teammate Kyle Seager in that same draft with no real fanfare and he ended up being far more successful.

So yeah, knowing that the best player of his generation fell 23 picks lower kinda sucks. But as that article and even a cursory glance at the draft picks show, there are many organizations that must be thinking "How the hell did we miss that?!" There are a few solid players and All-Stars in the list of guys drafted ahead of Trout, but Stephen Strasburg is the only big name that has stuck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Apparently it did in a couple of places. It is good as it let us see how much JW3 has increased from JW2 here.

Pets sold like 160-170.000 tickets on OW. This drop is a disaster. I wonder how hard will Toy Story 4 explode at this point. Pets 2 OW barely beating Aladdin's 3rd weekend in tickets sold on OW is absolutely stunning.

3 is closing in on €700K and 120K admissions, which isn't quite double 2, but is close enough. Great increase. The Keanussaince is real.

I believe Minions holds the record for biggest OW in admissions for an animated film, at an absolutely mindgasmicly insane 310K. Incredibles 2 "only" crossed 200K, by comparison...... madness. I don't think Toy Story 4 can top THAT, so I retreat my original expectation of it breaking the OW record in admissions. However, it wouldn't be super surprising if it topped Minions in numbers (Minions hit €1.59M).

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

3 is closing in on €700K and 120K admissions, which isn't quite double 2, but is close enough. Great increase. The Keanussaince is real.

I believe Minions holds the record for biggest OW in admissions for an animated film, at an absolutely mindgasmicly insane 310K. Incredibles 2 "only" crossed 200K, by comparison...... madness. I don't think Toy Story 4 can top THAT, so I retreat my original expectation of it breaking the OW record in admissions. However, it wouldn't be super surprising if it topped Minions in numbers (Minions hit €1.59M).

Those numbers you are mentioning are 7 day opening week. Minions is indeed the biggest on the actual weekend with 200.000 tickets sold. I see TS4 around 85.000-105.000 tickets sold honestly. I think the brand isn't as big as Incredibles or Minions here.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1