Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Shows like Tchernobyl are dangerous fror the fabric of society.

It talks to our emotions, not our reason.

Like all propaganda.

If you took away from Chernobyl that "Nuclear Power is Bad™" rather than "Big <Whatever> Lying and Covering Their Ass is Bad™", I don't know what to tell you.

From what I understand the creators of the show went out of their way not to be anti-nuclear but anti-totalitarian.

But maybe you're right.  After all the closing message of the series is "Nuclear Power is Ev..."

*gets handed card*

Sorry.  Got a correction.  The closing mantra of the series is "What is the cost of lies?"

Hmmm.  Probably some mistake.  Sure it'll be corrected in the Director's Cut.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 TVI with a stunning 12.7% share yesterday :hahaha: 

The only shows that were #1 on TVI's programming were between 4AM and 6:30AM :hahaha:

Você na TV has been third for multiple days on a row now. Goucha is more dead than the fucking Undertaker at this point. Prisioneira at 9PM lost to Alma e Coração at 11PM on Wednesday, A Teia is flopping hardcore on its last week, Fátima is having all-time low results, #LikeMe is a putrid failure, Jornal da Uma and Jornal das 8 have also been in third place multiple times lately........

And on the LIVE results for Thursday: RTP1 BEAT TVI BY MORE THAN 2% :ohmygod:  Granted, it was Sporting x Benfica futsal day, but still, the futsal games haven't really been stunning performers, so basically, it was RTP1 on normal programming sans a slight upgrade from 5 to 7PM. If TVI doesn't come back with the biggest reboot campaign they've ever done in September, they should just give up fighting for first place, because they'll be struggling to stay at second permanently. SIC, who is currently so far up the top of the mountain it's not even funny, is looking at TVI's misery right now and wondering how the fuck they went from distant 1st to potential 3rd in less than a year. Even SIC, in their worst state ever, were never this competitive for 2nd place.

EDIT: VOCÊ NA TV LOST TO PRAÇA DA ALEGRIA BY 0.7% RATING AND SAW RTP2 GET CLOSE TO IT :ohmygod: Oh. My. Fucking. God. This is unreal.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The only shows that were #1 on TVI's programming were between 4AM and 6:30AM :hahaha:

Você na TV has been third for multiple days on a row now. Goucha is more dead than the fucking Undertaker at this point. Prisioneira at 9PM lost to Alma e Coração at 11PM on Wednesday, A Teia is flopping hardcore on its last week, Fátima is having all-time low results, #LikeMe is a putrid failure, Jornal da Uma and Jornal das 8 have also been in third place multiple times lately........

And on the LIVE results for Thursday: RTP1 BEAT TVI BY MORE THAN 2% :ohmygod:  Granted, it was Sporting x Benfica futsal day, but still, the futsal games haven't really been stunning performers, so basically, it was RTP1 on normal programming sans a slight upgrade from 5 to 7PM. If TVI doesn't come back with the biggest reboot campaign they've ever done in September, they should just give up fighting for first place, because they'll be struggling to stay at second permanently. SIC, who is currently so far up the top of the mountain it's not even funny, is looking at TVI's misery right now and wondering how the fuck they went from distant 1st to potential 3rd in less than a year. Even SIC, in their worst state ever, were never this competitive for 2nd place.

EDIT: VOCÊ NA TV LOST TO PRAÇA DA ALEGRIA BY 0.7% RATING AND SAW RTP2 GET CLOSE TO IT :ohmygod: Oh. My. Fucking. God. This is unreal.

1 year? They went from 1st to nearly 3rd in less than 6 months!!! Such a brutal fall from grace. They are going to be 3rd in July/August. I guarantee it. I have no idea how this happened. The rejection from the audience is stunning. These guys were easily leading the ratings on January 4th. Remember that? Then on January 7th their downfall began,

45 minutes ago, CJohn said:

1 year? They went from 1st to nearly 3rd in less than 6 months!!! Such a brutal fall from grace. They are going to be 3rd in July/August. I guarantee it. I have no idea how this happened. The rejection from the audience is stunning. These guys were easily leading the ratings on January 4th. Remember that? Then on January 7th their downfall began,

I don't think A-N-Y-O-N-E walking into 2019 would take someone who would say "watch TVI be buried in third place by July or August while SIC breezes past 20% dailies and RTP1 starts becoming seriously beloved by the public". Not even the people who thought that O Programa da Cristina would lead against Você na TV thought it would do so while sending Você na TV to the absolute wrench that Querida Júlia/Queridas Manhãs had been in for years..... hell, the show was still hitting 30% before the fatidic January 7th morning. Unbelievable. While we're at it, go and tell people from less than a year ago that TVI would lose the leadership of Sunday nights permanently outside of a small rally between January and March (Dancing With The Stars), that a stupid dating show about farmers would be hitting peak-era Raid The Cage numbers and that SIC would turn their primetime completely around to where their then-9PM megaflop went from zero to hero at 11PM, their Globo midnight spot which became endangered last Fall was comfortably in the lead again, and that the new 9PM soap literally reversed the leadership to itself while the next soap from the A Herdeira writer, starring Joana Ribeiro and Kelly Bailey, would be one of the biggest failures in Portuguese TV history.

12 hours ago, Porthos said:

Hmmm.  Probably some mistake.  Sure it'll be corrected in the Director's Cut.

You should listen to the Podcast just to double check. 

• Like 2

was anyone documenting Blair Witch 2 and Little Nicky at the box office?? shouldn't they have opened like Spida-Man or somethin'?

anyone know the clicks that BOG and BOM were getting back in 2000?  how many people showed up to the internet for the horror movie box office?

Edited by Slave Animal Rights
  • Like 1

This Vipers episode of Black Mirror really has no business being longer than 30 minutes. Jesus. 

I think they're aiming for something like the movie 'Her' but the human aspect, away from the tech aspect, is way too cliche.

Woke up today with painful hips and back.  It is not as bad as yesterday.  Bonus is today is my day off.  Andy and Alex have decided to take a walk.  I declined.  Not sure if I declined because of my hips or my four drink lunch.  Hips feel better but head is fluttering.  God I hate feeling drunk.  And yes, I am a lightweight.

• Sad 2