Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Watched Murder Mystery. Not bad, probably the best Sandler comedy for Netflix, and in general the best Sandler comedy in a long time. Takes a while to get going but once the murder happens it's pretty well paced with a pretty good action scene at the end. They even do the "steering wheel on the wrong side" joke better than MIB International did. Aniston and Sandler have no chemistry though, would have been so much better with Drew Barrymore who I think plays off Sandler very well.

so i watched Aladdin on a stoned by stoned rewatch for the first time in over 20 years.

i've been having to conceal my face from reacting to the screen (so no one gets anything), and i must say, that scene when that

red parrot bursts through the door on Jafar and says "...AND THEN..."  and then the door slams.

hahahaha, with all the shit i've been seeing the last 2 years in movies and rewatches.

that made me wish i had an empty machine gun that i could go outside and fire into the air with.

i need a breathing mask to absorb my laughs, or something to keep my blood pressure down

Spoiler

did anyone have strict military parents who were anal about boyfriends while they went to bootcamp lutheran high school in 2001?  (enrolling in 2001, not graduating in 2001/2002...)

Would they have seen the movie 'Us' if it came out in 2001?

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

14 minutes ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

so i watched Aladdin on a stoned by stoned rewatch for the first time in over 20 years.

i've been having to conceal my face from reacting to the screen (so no one gets anything), and i must say, that scene when that

red parrot bursts through the door on Jafar and says "...AND THEN..."  and then the door slams.

hahahaha, with all the shit i've been seeing the last 2 years in movies and rewatches.

that made me wish i had an empty machine gun that i could go outside and fire into the air with.

i need a breathing mask to absorb my laughs, or something to keep my blood pressure down

you were stoned? aren't you stoned all the time anyway? Or at least under influence of something.

@CJohn  TVI tied with RTP1 yesterday, and it was a totally regular day of programming for RTP1. Both had 14% daily share. (SIC far ahead at 20.6%.)

Jornal das 8? 3rd place. Prisioneira? Lost by 1% rating to Alma e Coração, nevermind Golpe de Sorte. #LikeMe? Lost to the fucking Zé Pedro Vasconcelos talk show. Você na TV probably got another shit kicking by Praça da Alegria too.

This is beyond embarassing. They're gonna drop down to third permanently pretty soon, at this point. And holy shit, there's a soap premiering Monday right right before the finale of A Teia, and they're gonna lose anyway. Surreal.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 1

I'm out taking pictures for one of our new listings.  This house is like Depths Of Hell Dark.  And my mother's being the worst gaffer right now.  "No, Mom, I need the light moved toward the window." "What window?" "The window IN FRONT OF YOU."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Looks like the Emmys are considering following in the footsteps of the Oscars and foregoing a host this year. Not surprised more awards shows joining in after how well that decision ended up turning out.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/emmys-2019-host-fox-television-academy-1203242685/

If only the Tonys would get rid of James Corden. 

And, obligatory addition:

That said, I think the Tonys are the only award show where a host really works. But I also think the Tonys are the only award show worth watching because they have performances. (kind of like how the Grammys has gone from an award show to a concert that happens to give out awards.)

When I was little, I always thought that the Oscars should make the actors act out at their scenes live on stage like the Tonys. I was always so upset that never happened.

(oh and to answer from way Ago. Have yet to see ma. But did just watch instant family with her.)

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Dude, TVI is not kicking Prisioneira out of their Monday programming. Amar Depois de Amar is going to premiere at 11PM and A Teia's finale will happen at midnight.

I'm starting to genuinely believe the self-devaluing theories at this point.

Amar Depois de Amar does not have the marketing power behind it to be a 9 PM show.

6 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

If only the Tonys would get rid of James Corden. 

And, obligatory addition:

That said, I think the Tonys are the only award show where a host really works. But I also think the Tonys are the only award show worth watching because they have performances. (kind of like how the Grammys has gone from an award show to a concert that happens to give out awards.)

When I was little, I always thought that the Oscars should make the actors act out at their scenes live on stage like the Tonys. I was always so upset that never happened.

(oh and to answer from way Ago. Have yet to see ma. But did just watch instant family with her.)

To be fair, the Tony awards is the one awards show where they kinda have to go all out due to being by far the least accessible. Only way to see the shows are if you either live in NYC or are planning to take a trip there in the near future, otherwise it's just waiting until the inevitable film adaptation (can't wait for December when all of these people who never stepped foot near Broadway come out of Cats completely befuddled as to why it was such a popular smash).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, the Tony awards is the one awards show where they kinda have to go all out due to being by far the least accessible. Only way to see the shows are if you either live in NYC or are planning to take a trip there in the near future, otherwise it's just waiting until the inevitable film adaptation (can't wait for December when all of these people who never stepped foot near Broadway come out of Cats completely befuddled as to why it was such a popular smash).

To be fair, I have stepped in a many  Broadway theaters and also  I am befuddled as to why it is a popular smash. 

:hahaha:

that said (in rocket’s voice): no, no, that’s a good point.