Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

To be fair, I have stepped in a many  Broadway theaters and also  I am befuddled as to why it is a popular smash. 

:hahaha:

that said (in rocket’s voice): no, no, that’s a good point. 

I saw it once and regretted every moment of it. Although the movie sounds like it could be fun to hate-watch (I don't know how mo-cap cats doing ballet isn't going to look completely ridiculous but I'd like to see them try lmfao).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Amar Depois de Amar does not have the marketing power behind it to be a 9 PM show.

I know, and I wouldn't want it at 9PM anyway, but premiering it with a Prisioneira lead-in is about as good as a kick to the balls. They should've given it a 9PM premiere + an 11PM slot for A Teia's ending, and then pushed it to 11PM the next night. Instead, they're basically comitting suicide with the line-up they have. 

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I know, and I wouldn't want it at 9PM anyway, but premiering it with a Prisioneira lead-in is about as good as a kick to the balls. They should've given it a 9PM premiere + an 11PM slot for A Teia's ending, and then pushed it to 11PM the next night. Instead, they're basically comitting suicide with the line-up they have. 

Not a bad idea. At least a lot of people would be able to sample it on premiere night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, the Tony awards is the one awards show where they kinda have to go all out due to being by far the least accessible. Only way to see the shows are if you either live in NYC or are planning to take a trip there in the near future, otherwise it's just waiting until the inevitable film adaptation (can't wait for December when all of these people who never stepped foot near Broadway come out of Cats completely befuddled as to why it was such a popular smash).

Well for the popular shows they do have national tours that go to every major and mid-major city in the country for a pretty reasonable price. But that is generally well after the their Tony eligibility is up.

Edited by Jayhawk

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Well for the popular shows they do have national tours that go to every major and mid-major city in the country for a pretty reasonable price. But that is generally well after the their Tony eligibility is up.

Yeah I know, and even the ones on Broadway tend to be really pricey long after too. Like when I saw The Book of Mormon when I was there for Thanksgiving 2013 it was long after Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad had departed the show (for failed NBC sitcoms in the same television season lol) and we still had to pay a pretty penny.

Have to say I'm impressed with Chile here.  Could easily be 5-0 or 6-0 the way this half has played out.  Even that PK that the USWNT biffed was due in part to the Chilean goalkeeper totally raising her game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah I know, and even the ones on Broadway tend to be really pricey long after too. Like when I saw The Book of Mormon when I was there for Thanksgiving 2013 it was long after Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad had departed the show (for failed NBC sitcoms in the same television season lol) and we still had to pay a pretty penny.

Maybe before, but ticket prices have gone bonkers lately. Even our regional theater averages like $75 a seat. 

my aunt wanted to see Hamilton in Boston — until we found out it was $300 a pop. 3X as much as I paid for it in NYC.

Now, Hamilton is ridiculously expensive. I will admit that. 

And not every show gets a tour.  Only really the big commercial ones. 

Edited by captainwondyful

I'm just gonna leave this here:

Blind Items Revealed #6

June 5, 2019

This permanent A- list mostly movie actor who is an Academy Award winner says he once had a one night stand with one of his co-stars who is also permanently A- list and an Academy Award winner. He says that after the one night stand he didn't want a second night and our actress confronted him about it and said she was going to put a hex on him. The actor, who is highly superstitious didn't believe her though. Then, for the next seven months he couldn't get an erection. He reached out to the actress and apologized and the next day could perform again. Ask the actress about it and she doesn't say there was no hex.

Billy Bob Thornton/Halle Berry

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2019/06/blind-items-revealed-6_16.html

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1