Jump to content
Water Bottle

Classic Conversation, now with added Teen Angst

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

More Netflix means more 

 

giant data servers every year

 

which means winter is not coming any time soon.

 

Greta won't be too happy I am afraid.

 

I see a no so distant future when green khmers destroy data servers to save us from ourselves (in their deluded minds).

Edited by The Futurist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, filmlover said:
  Hide contents

"I will not NOT be rich!"

 

After watching another amazing episode of this show I am watching Zendaya slaying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if WB will try and get JJ Abrams to direct a film for them. I wouldn't be shocked if they want him to revitalise any IP they own much like he did with Star Trek, Star Wars and to a lesser extent Mission Impossible.

With this deal it's probably inevitable. I'm curious if any of the projects he has set up other places will end up moving to WB through this deal as well. Know he and Zachary Quinto tried getting a movie about the secret relationship between Anthony Perkins and Tab Hunter made at Paramount but nothing ever came of it, among other projects.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

More Netflix means more 

 

giant data servers every year

 

which means winter is not coming any time soon.

 

Greta won't be too happy I am afraid.

 

I see a no so distant future when green khmers destroy data servers to save us from ourselves (in their deluded minds).

I'm just going to assume you're referring to this Greta:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Isn't Spielberg behind the Apple studio too? After complaining about Netflix during the last awards season lol. Kinda just reinforces the notion that whole thing was only because DreamWorks was behind Green Book and wanted to prop that movie up (and hey, it worked, so...).

you don't know anything about their release strategy. spielberg has no problem with the amazon model for example.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, filmlover said:

With this deal it's probably inevitable. I'm curious if any of the projects he has set up other places will end up moving to WB through this deal as well. Know he and Zachary Quinto tried getting a movie about the secret relationship between Anthony Perkins and Tab Hunter made at Paramount but nothing ever came of it, among other projects.

I wouldn't be shocked if he able to get a passion project greenlit, kind of like a one for you, one for me type thing. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m watching this HBO show Euphoria and I’ve got a question: Americans, is everyone that plays some kind of High School sport a massive douche that may be prone to becoming a rapist?

 

It’s like is every show nowadays and I need to know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AJG said:

I’m watching this HBO show Euphoria and I’ve got a question: Americans, is everyone that plays some kind of High School sport a massive douche that may be prone to becoming a rapist?

 

It’s like is every show nowadays and I need to know.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite sandwiches is a Turkey swiss melt on French bread. Easy to do. Hard to perfect. 

 

I swear the last one I had to eat begrudgingly since I hate to waste food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

One of my favorite sandwiches is a Turkey swiss melt on French bread. Easy to do. Hard to perfect. 

 

I swear the last one I had to eat begrudgingly since I hate to waste food. 

Did you put a deli in your bank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Did you put a deli in your bank?

Nope. Sold the bank for a small profit a piece at a time. 

 

The deli is a small mom and pop place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJG said:

I’m watching this HBO show Euphoria and I’ve got a question: Americans, is everyone that plays some kind of High School sport a massive douche that may be prone to becoming a rapist?

 

It’s like is every show nowadays and I need to know.

Sometimes it seems that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

you don't know anything about their release strategy. spielberg has no problem with the amazon model for example.

 

Hopefully they won't also adopt Amazon's model of "dump in theaters for a few bucks before quickly moving it to the streaming service forever" like they just did for Late Night. Even if that's going to easily be their highest grosser since The Big Sick two years ago and their biggest grosser yet as a distribution house so in a way it sorta worked out for them.

 

I wish Netflix would adopt a model like that. They just hired the guy who handled distribution at Fox to oversee their theatrical distribution branch so we'll see if anything really comes of that. Holding off sticking movies on their distribution for about three months is the only way the three majors (AMC, Regal, Cinemark) will ever get on board with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Mean Girls is on HBO right now.  God, it's still so ICONIC.

Big Little Lies crossover incoming, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Big Little Lies crossover incoming, obviously.

Reese telling Meryl "she doesn't even go here" would be everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 strong start for Amar Depois de Amar. TVI should move it to 9 PM immediatly.

Yeah, it should. Although don't expect it to be much of an improvement from Prisioneira, cause it didn't even beat Golpe de Sorte in its premiere. Sure, GdS only won by 0.3% more, and Amar Depois de Amar had no urban marketing + a last minute switcheroo from an 11PM premiere to 9:30 (lucky them that VOSDAL exists), but still, it had wayyyyy more TV marketing than Prisioneira (including a 7PM launch party).

 

That being said, it was a positively surprising result, all things considered. The move should probably be to keep it at 9PM at this point. Prisioneira gets whipped by fucking Alma e Coração on a regular basis, and apparently, Amar Depois de Amar is lighter and less confusing. But then there's the problem: can Prisioneira even keep A Teia's results at 11PM? Because I don't think ADdA is going to do much better than Prisioneira (Hell, A Teia was getting on its heels, and that was already after it started to tank), and then the shithole is going to 11PM where it will 100% lose to AeC.

 

Speaking of A Teia, it also did about as good as it could have done under the circumstances it ended on. Nearly 30% share, biggest share for a soap since A Herdeira's ending. Great result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, it should. Although don't expect it to be much of an improvement from Prisioneira, cause it didn't even beat Golpe de Sorte in its premiere. Sure, GdS only won by 0.3% more, and Amar Depois de Amar had no urban marketing + a last minute switcheroo from an 11PM premiere to 9:30 (lucky them that VOSDAL exists), but still, it had wayyyyy more TV marketing than Prisioneira (including a 7PM launch party).

 

That being said, it was a positively surprising result, all things considered. The move should probably be to keep it at 9PM at this point. Prisioneira gets whipped by fucking Alma e Coração on a regular basis, and apparently, Amar Depois de Amar is lighter and less confusing. But then there's the problem: can Prisioneira even keep A Teia's results at 11PM? Because I don't think ADdA is going to do much better than Prisioneira (Hell, A Teia was getting on its heels, and that was already after it started to tank), and then the shithole is going to 11PM where it will 100% lose to AeC.

 

Speaking of A Teia, it also did about as good as it could have done under the circumstances it ended on. Nearly 30% share, biggest share for a soap since A Herdeira's ending. Great result.

Checked their website. Yup, Amar Depois de Amar is now their 9 PM show every day. They switched them. Prisioneira is dead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Checked their website. Yup, Amar Depois de Amar is now their 9 PM show every day. They switched them. Prisioneira is dead.

Good. It had a solid result and Prisioneira is as good as dead at 9PM. Yesterday it actually did very well and beat Alma e Coração on direct confrontation, even if it also started half an hour sooner, with a lead-in of a premiere and the lead-out of a finale. We'll see what happens from tonight onwards. Amar Depois de Amar will not hold on over 10% rating by Wednesday/Thursday, but it can't do much worse than Prisioneira.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.