Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just realized my new laptop is 17.3" screen.

Good bc my eyesight is shit, bad bc I don't know if it'll fit in my backpack :( depends on how far it is from the bezel. 

& it weighs 6 pounds????? Do laptops normally weigh that much, damn, my Macbook Air is 3.14.

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

@4815162342 SNOWBUNNY :gold:

The scale of next week's episode looks CRAZY.

Also, have you finished the adventures of el politico mas guapo or still going?

That pairing is going to crash and burn spectacularly.

Next week looks epic, which is weird because there's another 3 episodes coming after it, so I wonder where it's going to go.

Finished that season the other day. Totally messy.

Just now, Slambros said:

Is anyone else following Wimbledon?

It's a very exciting season! Lots of new players!

I am! Disappointing that the top 3 young guns - Thiem, Zverev and Tsitsipas - all flamed out in the first round. I don't think the young guys like grass courts at all.

I'm rooting for the all time greats on both the men's and women's sides - Roger Federer and Serena Williams - to bag another title and of course I'll be cheering for my countryman Raonic!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

That pairing is going to crash and burn spectacularly.

Next week looks epic, which is weird because there's another 3 episodes coming after it, so I wonder where it's going to go.

They have used all of the season's budget in next week's episode, holy shit. Can't wait.

30 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Finished that season the other day. Totally messy.

WOKE AF

Spoiler

Maggie Q tho :whosad:

Edited by CJohn

Just now, CJohn said:

They have used all of the season's budget in next week's episode, holy shit.

WOKE AF

Hide contents

Maggie Q tho :whosad:

I was shocked but also not surprised. Apparently they cut several main cast from Season 2 simply for budget reasons, so it kinda made sense they continued the budget cutting to Season 3 peeps as well.

In a ~ bar in France where they celebrated and FOX did a cover of it...

Live....

• Haha 1

Having Mexican food for dinner tonight.  I am starving.  Did I tell you I tore ligaments in my foot?  I have been in a boot for three weeks now.

Saw two movies in that three weeks, and preparing to watch Stranger Things tonight.  Can’t wait.

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Morieris said:

Just realized my new laptop is 17.3" screen.

Good bc my eyesight is shit, bad bc I don't know if it'll fit in my backpack :( depends on how far it is from the bezel. 

& it weighs 6 pounds????? Do laptops normally weigh that much, damn, my Macbook Air is 3.14.

I think that's a pretty typical weight for a 17" laptop - maybe a little on the heavier end, although it's been a while since I've taken a good look at what's on the market.

But yeah at 15" and below laptops are typically lighter than that.

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I am still thinking about why people would be as near to that all and why it was positioned so unprofessional.

I saw that in the OSHA thread on somethingawful which is a gold mine of crazy and/or hilarious shit

just working on some power lines yo

pcfimcd.gif

close call

iXgbhXj.gif

silly cops

77A2OvG.gif

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I saw that in the OSHA thread on somethingawful which is a gold mine of crazy and/or hilarious shit

just working on some power lines yo

- snip -

close call

iXgbhXj.gif

silly cops

-snip -

the snips = simply stupid or thoughtless as too focused on a goal to first think then act

the close call I guess is war, that seems at least not based on being careless in the usual meaning.

I mean I got also through quiet some rather close calls, but that was never based on thoughtless behaviour on my part.

Like to be at the wrong place at the wrong time (without warning signs) for many years to the degree (as I told here in the past) my friends asked me where I plan to spend my vacation time so they knew where not to spend their vacation time up to my ~ mid '30 as  I got my son then.

Like since my early childhood e.g. trice an earthquake, every time in another country, terror attacks (the bad one with 85 dead and over 200 injured), driving through a country the very day a war there started, a defect multi engine plane turned glider (at my birthday of all days), land jobber / arsonists starting a fire in a forest with us on 6 motorcycles were camping in and such.

Plus some other reasons.

But out of trying the limits, see seemingly the power worker....

I often can't understand some people's actions