Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

28 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Seems to be working so far. I've made Joe Rogan, Watchmojo and a few others disappear from my homepage. 👍

I kinda wanna watch a bunch of garbage so it shows up in my recommendations so I can block them. 

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2019 at 12:37 AM, AJG said:

HEADS UP

YouTube have a “Don’t Recommend Channel” function. 

It’s time to clean up your recommendations.

I noticed Youtube also makes you click on comments tab to see them now.

Also here in Canada, IG removed the Like Counter so people focus more on pictures being uploaded then obsessing about the number of likes. 

Both these changes have made Youtube and Instagram a loooot better. 

wanting to see a movie, but nothing is making me want to go to the theater.  I am kind of tempted with Midsommar but that could be a swing and a miss but I do know what kind of movie I would be getting into before I go.  I have zero interest in the Spider-man and most things out.  I hate when these dead periods of movies for me happen :( 

55 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I noticed Youtube also makes you click on comments tab to see them now.

Also here in Canada, IG removed the Like Counter so people focus more on pictures being uploaded then obsessing about the number of likes. 

Both these changes have made Youtube and Instagram a loooot better. 

Is this on mobile? I hate accidentally scrolling into those things.

I was reading some BO news and came across a great story about Disney’s Hollywood.

It also has the most clever sentence I’ve ever read on Buzzfeed but I don’t think that many people in 2019 would get it.

After Disney’s purchase of Fox was finalized, the newly embiggened company made a much splashier display of its newfound power. On May 7, Disney announced release dates for a whopping 63 feature film titles that incorporated Fox’s pre-acquisition feature slate largely through 2020, and stretched all the way through to 2027. In doing so, Disney planted flags in virtually all the most highly coveted — and lucrative — release windows for the next four years, including Valentine’s Day week, Memorial Day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, and especially the weekend before Christmas.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adambvary/disney-hollywood-20th-century-fox-marvel-outlook

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

I was reading some BO news and came across a great story about Disney’s Hollywood.

It also has the most clever sentence I’ve ever read on Buzzfeed but I don’t think that many people in 2019 would get it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adambvary/disney-hollywood-20th-century-fox-marvel-outlook

Pretty much apart from US and John Wick none of the non Disney films have gotten much mainstream buzz so far this year.

2 hours ago, AJG said:

That was a depressing read.

19 minutes ago, DAR said:

@CoolEric258@filmlover   Timothee Chalamet made the bracket for most annoying kid on a tv show 

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/7/8/20685431/annoying-tv-kid-bracket

At least Stephanie Tanner won on her bracket. She wasn't Michelle bad, but she was still pretty annoying.

5 hours ago, 75Live said:

wanting to see a movie, but nothing is making me want to go to the theater.  I am kind of tempted with Midsommar but that could be a swing and a miss but I do know what kind of movie I would be getting into before I go.  I have zero interest in the Spider-man and most things out.  I hate when these dead periods of movies for me happen :( 

Me too. I'm thinking I'll go see Yesterday this evening or tomorrow. If not, next up is Stuber next weekend. Looks hilarious!

I feel like my need for my movie fix is because I did something I've rarely done the last several years: I skipped movies two weekends in a row. After seeing Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Ma, I didn't see anything from the June 7-9 or June 14-16 weekends. Finally I saw Toy Story 4, not on opening weekend but last weekend, and have caught up on several more since.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Me too. I'm thinking I'll go see Yesterday this evening or tomorrow. If not, next up is Stuber next weekend. Looks hilarious!

I feel like my need for my movie fix is because I did something I've rarely done the last several years: I skipped movies two weekends in a row. After seeing Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Ma, I didn't see anything from the June 7-9 or June 14-16 weekends. Finally I saw Toy Story 4, not on opening weekend but last weekend, and have caught up on several more since.

Yeah my last aat movie was probably Aladdin after I saw Godzilla and Brightburn 

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Yeah my last aat movie was probably Aladdin after I saw Godzilla and Brightburn 

It didn't help that the 4 wide releases during the first two months of June had no buzz. I'll find any reason to go to the theatre but even I just couldn't be bothered until the end of June.

• Like 1

On the same note as the Disney Domination article from earlier on the news last night they mentioned Cameron Boyce's passing and they showed bits of promo from the new Descendants movie airing in a few weeks. Apparently the plot of this one is that the kids of the famous Disney villains have to take on a new threat in the form of Cheyenne Jackson as Hades? I can't help but entertain the thought that Disney deliberately sought out an openly gay actor for the role just to flip the bird at James Woods lol.