Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

what i'd want to win (not what will win lol)

Drama: Succession

writing/directing: Succession

Actor: Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul

Actress: Sandra Oh, Killing Eve

Supp. Actor: Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul

Supp. Actress: Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve (I guess?)

Comedy: Barry

directing: Barry: ronny/lily

Writing: Fleabag

Actor: Bill Hader, Barry

Actress: Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll

Supp. Actor: Tony Shalhoub, Maisel

Supp. Actress: Sian Clifford, Fleabag

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TMP said:

no other thread to put this in

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Yeah mods, it's been a couple weeks. I think it's okay to open the thread now.

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Unsurprising after that person on some other website first disclosed the Halle Bailey news and said he was Eric. @DeeCee @grim22 time to reopen the thread (with rules for those who can't help being trolls).

eVIZX1l.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Unsurprising after that person on some other website first disclosed the Halle Bailey news and said he was Eric. @DeeCee @grim22 time to reopen the thread (with rules for those who can't help being trolls).

The mods should frankly be way harder with threadbans since there's a certain cluster of posters that are nearly always there when threads like that turn to shit.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

The mods should frankly be way harder with threadbans since there's a certain cluster of posters that are nearly always there when threads like that turn to shit.

Or circle any movie that gives a minority the spotlight, really. Sometimes I think some people come here thinking this is the Fox News forum or something.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Or circle any movie that gives a minority the spotlight, really. Sometimes I think some people come here thinking this is the Fox News forum or something.

Then there will be an argument that a movie does not have the certain minority representation to be spotlighted :rofl:

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Exactly, you wouldn't want some diversity of opinion to disturb the Polit Buro & its Doxa.

• Knock It Off 2

Justin Kroll said that Harry might be on the fence so idk. He also said that he was waiting on the Elvis role but since he didn't get it he's going with TLM. I don't know how much he really knows though. We'll see how it goes. The person on ONTD who predicted Halle's casting made it seem like it was a done deal that he was Eric. 

Harry is okay. Not my top choice but at least it isn't Noah Centieno and his fan base will help mitigate some of the trolls after Halle for her casting.  He's more age appropriate  for a 19 year old then some of the wild suggestion I've seen on twitter. 

Edited by ban1o

On 7/13/2019 at 10:38 PM, CoolioD1 said:

there's probably a super large crossover of people who will say "I agree with ScarJo she should be able to play whoever she wants it's called ACTING" and also said last week "Ugh, a black Ariel? ridiculous. how would YOU like it if a white guy played MLK?"

really shocked to learn i ended up being right on the money w/ this one. thank you usual suspects.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

really shocked to learn i ended up being right on the money w/ this one. thank you usual suspects.

I checked in the thread for the new Bond movie the other day to see what the responses were to that rumor that is obvious clickbait without even a frame of footage or a title yet. Only took a quick glimpse but can't say what I saw wasn't unexpected.