Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

six episodes into The Boys i've had my "wait a second... that's not kate mara?" moment with the actress playing the main superhero chick

Is the show as "rape-y" as the comics or is it toned down? I'm thinking of starting it tonight and the whole rape thing was why I stopped reading the comics.

Edited by AJG

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Is the show as "rape-y" as the comics or is it toned down? I'm thinking of starting it tonight and the whole rape thing was why I stopped reading the comics.

it's a bit rapey. there's been a couple rapes but they're all totally offscreen at least.

Edited by CoolioD1

5 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

wtf another mass shooting. 10 people dead in Dayton, Ohio. We just had one in El Paso earlier. 

If you stay up long enough thinking about one mass shooting, you can hear about another one before going to bed. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12164113

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

wtf another mass shooting. 10 people dead in Dayton, Ohio. We just had one in El Paso earlier. 

Edited by Ozymandias
  • ...wtf 2

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's a bit rapey. there's been a couple rapes but they're all totally offscreen at least.

My wife watched the disclaimer on the first episode about rape and every episode since she looks at the disclaimer and says "Looks like no rapes in this episode"

They did tone down stuff from Ennis' book. At least this wasn't a Millar adaptation which would need to be completely changed to make it to screen.

@CJohn The TVI chokejob continues. 11% on Saturday.

Dancing With The Stars repeated did 8% share from 5 to 8PM on Saturday. And the repeat of their Summer party, at, I believe, 11PM or midnight? 7%. Like Me did similar results as well. Prisioneira topped it all off with 6.5% rating and under 16% share. Even Vidas Opostas would laugh at that.

SIC great with 16.7%. Comedy On The Edge is confirmed to be SIC's latest mega hit, doing the same in rating as TVI's daily share (11%) and over 26% share (10% more than Prisioneira). Tonight, The Farmer Wants A Wife will probably bomb as it's airing a Best Moments Of The Season episode to counter the Benfica x Sporting game. However, they will also premiere Just For Laughs (Não Há Crise) with Fernando Rocha right after, so they're gonna be just fine. And tomorrow will feature the launch of Win Your Wish List with Cristina. They own the world.

RTP also great with 14.4%, probably thanks to the Tour Of Portugal.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn The TVI chokejob continues. 11% on Saturday.

Dancing With The Stars repeated did 8% share from 5 to 8PM on Saturday. And the repeat of their Summer party, at, I believe, 11PM or midnight? 7%. Like Me did similar results as well. Prisioneira topped it all off with 6.5% rating and under 16% share. Even Vidas Opostas would laugh at that.

SIC great with 16.7%. Comedy On The Edge is confirmed to be SIC's latest mega hit, doing the same in rating as TVI's daily share (11%) and over 26% share (10% more than Prisioneira). Tonight, The Farmer Wants A Wife will probably bomb as it's airing a Best Moments Of The Season episode to counter the Benfica x Sporting game. However, they will also premiere Não Há Crise (or Just For Laughs, if you will) with Fernando Rocha right after, so they're gonna be just fine. And tomorrow will be the launch of Win Your Wish List with Cristina. They own the world.

RTP also great with 14.4%, probably thanks to the Tour Of Portugal.

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

I don't even know what to say. Guess those repeats of Dancing won't last many weeks.

24 minutes ago, CJohn said:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

I don't even know what to say. Guess those repeats of Dancing won't last many weeks.

It'll be lucky to last another one. Same with First Dates, honestly. That's TVI now: a chain of fast TV shows (mostly repeats) ready for delievery with zero promotion at any time now.

I'm really kicking myself, I only made it two weeks before relapse last night, was trying to go through whole of August drug free, its freaking 3 days into the month and i've failed, useless

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Mark Hamill as the Joker meeting Mark Hamill as the Trickster in four... three.. two..

lol if Gotham was anything to go by there's a BATMAN and JOKER embargo on TV, but no Bruce Wayne or "white faced clown man" embargo. Discount Joker in 3... 2...