Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

what if they had these out in public, or something similar to them,

like random people that shout 'go home!' once you get into range.

with that repetition

tumblr_mb7hrhiFez1ru09vqo1_500.gif

or someone who always walks around in public with a body language that says 'leave me alone.  leave me alone.  leave me alone.'

Edited by 2010s Painkiller Race
  • Astonished 2

@CJohn Win Your Wish List did a measly 5.6% / 16.5% this Monday, getting crushed by the 7PM Gawd which did 6.7% / 19.7%. (First Dates doesn't even count at this point.)

Word of mouth on social media is pretty bad for WYWL, but I didn't expect it to hit this much of a rock bottom. Still, Hell froze over because Cristina Ferreira can now add a flop to her resume. Although I guess it had to happen sometime. And it's her fault because she chose the format and it's just kind of a whammy. It's like a 2010 5PM show. I guess this is kinda good, though, because it teaches SIC the lesson that the Portuguese audience won't just eat up anything that has SIC's brand on it, when it seemed like that was the case for a while.

Now let's see what happens with their newest show, Did You Get The Message? (the Raminhos show), on Sunday night. If it's good, it'll do great. If it sucks, RTP1's I Love Portugal is probably gonna start catching fire.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

What's the story behind this, anyway?

Somebody brought up that John Chu, the director for the upcoming movie In The Heights, named his son after the movie. And people started to make a whole bunch of jokes over that, so I was all "I changed my name to Pluto Nash lol. Mods, gotta fix up my name." And the mods were crazy enough to actually do that.

So yeah mods, give me my old name back.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

21 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Somebody brought up that John Chu, the director for the upcoming movie In The Heights, named his son after the movie. And people started to make a whole bunch of jokes over that, so I was all "I changed my name to Pluto Nash lol. Mods, gotta fix up my name." And the mods were crazy enough to actually do that.

So yeah mods, give me my old name back.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Still makes me laugh he named his kid the title of one of his movies. I guess it's better than all of those parents who named their daughters after Dany from Game of Thrones only to discover at the very end of the series that they had named their kids after a genocidal mad queen lmao.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Still makes me laugh he named his kid the title of one of his movies. I guess it's better than all of those parents who named their daughters after Dany from Game of Thrones only to discover at the very end of the series that they had named their kids after a genocidal mad queen lmao.

“It’s short for Danielle, okay?!”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Win Your Wish List did a measly 5.6% / 16.5% this Monday, getting crushed by the 7PM Gawd which did 6.7% / 19.7%. (First Dates doesn't even count at this point.)

Word of mouth on social media is pretty bad for WYWL, but I didn't expect it to hit this much of a rock bottom. Still, Hell froze over because Cristina Ferreira can now add a flop to her resume. Although I guess it had to happen sometime. And it's her fault because she chose the format and it's just kind of a whammy. It's like a 2010 5PM show. I guess this is kinda good, though, because it teaches SIC the lesson that the Portuguese audience won't just eat up anything that has SIC's brand on it, when it seemed like that was the case for a while.

Now let's see what happens with their newest show, Did You Get The Message? (the Raminhos show), on Sunday night. If it's good, it'll do great. If it sucks, RTP1's I Love Portugal is probably gonna start catching fire.

Can you imagine RTP1 winning Sunday nights? What a time to be alive.

How much did Viacom pay deadline for this headline?

‘Star Trek’ Poised To Become New Marvel? CBS & Viacom Merger Brings Franchise Under One Fleet

Sir? Ain’t nobody under 45 that fussed about Star Trek.

Star Trek?

• Haha 1

Surgery tomorrow.  Got my wheelchair parking tag and it took a whole 5 minutes.  Had lunch, no alcohol because of the anesthesia, but had an absolutely wonderful dessert.  My bed has to been delivered and made, while I brought downstairs everything that I don’t need for sleeping tonight.

My son asked why I was nervous after all the surgeries I have had.  I told him anything can happen.  He said that if I am confident in my surgeon, which I am, then I shouldn’t be nervous.  The wise words of my 16 year old son.

• Like 3

As I am using a lot of machines again (my own little wood workshop at home, and no, its not something my husband does or uses), and some other reasons, went to the hair-cutter, who cut away up to 20"++ (at the side less than at the back)

Its still 2-3" longer than what I think is considered as shoulder length.

I guess it really was time..... (but still am a bit sad, was the longest I managed since a long time, and rather seldom here for my age, but security has priority)

In some hours I'll get my much needed new glasses....

Edited by terrestrial
added the why for writing this in a way
  • Like 2

Holy shit. Apocalypse now is amazing. i can't remember the last time I was this excited to see a film, and it totally delivered. absolutely mesmerising. 

I did not know how beautiful it is either. amazing, amazing, amazing. 

and glad I paid the extra for the IMAX theater. what an incredible experience, really thrilling, in every sense. 

that sound tho.... I felt like I was in vietnam.

Poster?siteToken=FVc0A0iULkST9amo21EBzA=

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 2