Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I had this feeling the masters of the universe won't tolerate 8 years of Trump and I think they are ready to unleash a nightmarish economical and financial crisis to avoid it.

Thats how fascist, absolute and drunk with power they are.

Plus it s perfect, they ll blame orange man (when is he not ?) for it while laughing behind the curtains.

tic toc

tic toc

tic toc

tic toc

Edited by The Futurist

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I had this feeling the masters of the universe won't tolerate 8 years of Trump and I think they are ready to unleash a nightmarish economical and financial crisis to avoid it.

Plus it s perfect, they ll blame orange man (when is he not ?) for it while laughing behind the curtains.

tic toc

tic toc

tic toc

tic toc

So you don't think Trump can ever be at fault?

Not the politics thread, :ph34r:.

59 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

tic toc

tic toc

tic toc

tic toc

tenor.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

tenor.gif

I get that Futurist usually posts entertaining gobbledygook when it comes to politics, practical vs CGI visuals, and James Cameron, but in this case you actually have people like Bill Maher openly saying he hopes there is a big recession so Dems have a better chance in 2020.  Even though, like, a LOT of people still haven't felt the "recovery" of the 2008 collapse in their pockets which was a big(if not the biggest) reason why the orange man won in the first place.

There's a very philosophical coherent case to be made that a small recession which causes Trump to lose would be a net good thing for people.    

Of course, there was also a very philosophically coherent case to be that a small recession in 2011/2003/1995/etc which caused Obama/Bush/Clinton/etc to lose would have been a good thing.    

It's impossible to believe that it matters which party controls the White House without believing that a certain amount of otherwise bad stuff is an acceptable tradeoff for a certain % increase in the chance of your favored party controlling it.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I get that Futurist usually posts entertaining gobbledygook when it comes to politics, practical vs CGI visuals, and James Cameron, but in this case you actually have people like Bill Maher openly saying he hopes there is a big recession so Dems have a better chance in 2020.  Even though, like, a LOT of people still haven't felt the "recovery" of the 2008 collapse in their pockets which was a big(if not the biggest) reason why the orange man won in the first place.

personally think a recession of any type would be really bad, especially for the folks you mention who haven't fully recovered.  And it's why I disagree strongly with those who 'hope' for a 'small' recession as the harm ain't worth it.  

Mostly coz I tend to think Trump can lose just fine on his own without any help from a faltering economy. ;)

Anyway, my gif there was a response to the idea that elites are deliberately tanking the economy in a bid to hurt Trump. They don't have the power collectively to do that.  And even if they did, kinda think the "business class" is too conflicted/divided to actually do something like that.

Or, to put it another way:

50mx733ept8z.jpg?width=600&auto=webp&s=2

Switch out Obama and place in Elites in this case.

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

It's impossible to believe that it matters which party controls the White House without believing that a certain amount of otherwise bad stuff is an acceptable tradeoff for a certain % increase in the chance of your favored party controlling it.

My philosophy is rather simple.  If a economic downturn comes, the silver lining is that Trump will probably be blamed.  But I don't go looking for the silver linings when it comes to harming the American Economy.  If it comes, that's one thing.  But I sure as hell ain't gonna root for it.  Especially since I have no guarantee it will be small.

(Also the minor point that I don't know how a certain person might act in during an economic downturn.  He hasn't exactly shown himself to be the most stable of people in a crisis.

====

Anywho, politics so consider that my stance on the following and I should probably leave it at that.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

There is a long list of people that low key or ostensibly want that to happen (you read it written a lot), that not what Futurist is implying.

That there is some cohesive in cahoot "they" with a good control on what can happen to a giant economy that would make good effort to help a potential Bernie Sander or Warren presidency because they dislike Trump.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Shorter version of my last post.

There's a reason why I don't listen to BIll Maher, and haven't for a verrrrrrrrry long time. :lol:

Pretty sure the last time I paid any attention to Bill Maher was when he and Jane Lynch did this iconic "dramatic reading" of the dirty Anthony Weiner messages.

15 hours ago, CJohn said:

The target audience doesn't realize The Price is Right is in repeat mode. Most won't remember they already watched that anyway 👀

Also, what a time to be alive and see TVI being 3rd for a month.

Hopefully it stays that way with help from the weekends.

Also, speaking of TVI, they're about to be bought off by Cofina, the group that owns CMTV. Jesus fucking Christ, can you imagine a TVI and CMTV crossover? It's like a vortex of evil waiting to happen.

26 minutes ago, Panda said:

recession talk and no jim gang to laugh about how this is james camerons master plan

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117053cd6aa61d60668b

@IronJimbo are you still alive?

@Witch Hunted Away (still cant believe he changed his name to that....) ban ends next week. Whether he will actually come back, who knows. But he would know more about the recession. I don't understand such things. jimbo is still kicking around, less active at the moment dunno why. Box office is dead atm so forum's a bit quieter.

Edited by Avatree
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

@Witch Hunted Away (still cant believe he changed his name to that....) ban ends next week. Whether he will actually come back, who knows. But he would know more about the recession. I don't understand such things. jimbo is still kicking around, less active at the moment dunno why. Box office is dead atm so forum's a bit quieter.

I don't think he knows much about anything. :ph34r:

• Like 1