Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

That feeling when your non-faves shows up with brutal, savage truth.  

God, I can't wait for fandom to plaster this on every single Carol Danvers gif set ever.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I never really understood the reserve people have when it comes to celebrating an evil man's death. David Koch was an evil man who used his money and power to push the world into chaos, and now he's dead. What's there to be sad about?

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That feeling when your non-faves shows up with brutal, savage truth.  

God, I can't wait for fandom to plaster this on every single Carol Danvers gif set ever.

Sad to see she has sold out...

Haven't listened to it but sounds like it's dull feminist propaganda?

2 hours ago, Titan Man said:

I never really understood the reserve people have when it comes to celebrating an evil man's death. David Koch was an evil man who used his money and power to push the world into chaos, and now he's dead. What's there to be sad about?

"maybe if you don't want people to cheer for political figures' deaths, don't organize society so that nobody powerful faces any consequences for their bad actions and only their death frees us!! idk"

read the  tweet 

My Mom has this term called "vacuum movies".  It's when you find something on TV, and then "get sucked into" watching the whole thing when you SHOULD be doing work or other things.  

TCM's doing its Summer Under Stars Month and today is Fred Astaire.  The good stuff is tonight: The Band Wagon, Top Hat, Swing Time, Gay Divorcee.  

Easter Parade with Judy Garland's on right now.  I TOLD HER, "You don't want to sit down.  Don't do it.  You said you had errands to run."

And of course she sits down.

And OF COURSE we are now watching the whole things.

Vacuum Movies.  Get you every time.

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

"maybe if you don't want people to cheer for political figures' deaths, don't organize society so that nobody powerful faces any consequences for their bad actions and only their death frees us!! idk"

read the  tweet 

What's your point?

‘The OA’ Star And Co-Creator Brit Marling Thanks The Fans For Support, Says The Story Lives On

https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-oa-brit-marling-thanks-fans-says-story-lives-1202703150/

Marling used the occasion to raise the question of modern storytelling and its place in capitalism’s “push toward consolidation and economies of scale.”

She alluded to the young woman who is staging a hunger strike outside Netflix headquarters to protest the cancellation. 

giphy.gif

Excuse me?