Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@CJohn Sadly, MI Rogue Nation bombed even worse than Dancing With The Stars. Under 7% share. And Amar Depois de Amar did worse than Prisioneira at 9PM (as far as Saturdays go). The silver lining is Prisioneira actually didn't do terribly at 11PM and won against the Farmer blooper reel, so that change worked out, but otherwise, the nightmare will continue.

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Sadly, MI Rogue Nation bombed even worse than Dancing With The Stars. Under 7% share. And Amar Depois de Amar did worse than Prisioneira at 9PM (as far as Saturdays go). The silver lining is Prisioneira actually didn't do terribly at 11PM and won against the Farmer blooper reel, so that change worked out, but otherwise, the nightmare will continue.

People are not used to watching movies on TVI anymore. Hell, people are not used to watching anything on TVI by now. It is an epic disaster. It will be very hard to recover the audience.

44 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

"Fuck your Grandpa, Greg"

"Tom, you're on speakerphone"

".....Well, I shouldn't be, Greg"

@CJohn get these two buffoons their own half-hour sitcom.

Maybe on HBO Max. They will need all the content they could get.

I am all caught up btw. Ready for episode 3 of season 2 tonight.

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

People are not used to watching movies on TVI anymore. Hell, people are not used to watching anything on TVI by now. It is an epic disaster. It will be very hard to recover the audience.

Yeah, and they're gonna launch MasterChef 7 days from now, with barely any promotion and against a Benfica game (which will likely capture everyone's attention after the debacle against Porto). Plus, the new soap opera is set to come out in the 1st half of September. Where's the marketing? Do they still think that everyone watches them, like it has been for years on end?

I think there's a possibility that even Ljubo can't save them anymore. If Cristina was hammered by the 7PM Gawd, Kitchen Nightmares can go the underperformer way too against Married At First Sight.

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, and they're gonna launch MasterChef 7 days from now, with barely any promotion and against a Benfica game (which will likely capture everyone's attention after the debacle against Porto). Plus, the new soap opera is set to come out in the 1st half of September. Where's the marketing? Do they still think that everyone watches them, like it has been for years on end?

I think there's a possibility that even Ljubo can't save them anymore. If Cristina was hammered by the 7PM Gawd, Kitchen Nightmares can go the underperformer way too against Married At First Sight.

Masterchef will tank twice a week. Plus nobody likes Goucha anymore, he spoke way too much and way too loud when Cristina was out of air late last year.

The soap will go the Amar Depois de Amor/Prisioneira way. They don't have any good launching pads anymore because even the Jornal das 8 is 3rd in many days. It is screwed. They would need a total programming reboot all at once. Launching things separatly wont work for them. Where is RAP's show anyway? Wasn't that meant to return in September?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Masterchef will tank twice a week. Plus nobody likes Goucha anymore, he spoke way too much and way too loud when Cristina was out of air late last year.

The soap will go the Amar Depois de Amor/Prisioneira way. They don't have any good launching pads anymore because even the Jornal das 8 is 3rd in many days. It is screwed. They would need a total programming reboot all at once. Launching things separatly wont work for them. Where is RAP's show anyway? Wasn't that meant to return in September?

Right now, I dunno if MasterChef is going to tank pure and simply because the competition is not very strong. SIC does have Comedy On The Edge on Saturdays, but on Sundays, it has the Raminhos show, which is still unproven ratings-wise even though it churned out a good premiere result and got excellent word of mouth; and RTP1 has I Love My Country on Sundays, which is a lot bigger than La Banda was but is also still somewhat uncompetitive. However, if they plan on releasing it next week - against a Benfica game and estabilished competition - and don't ramp up the marketing, Mourão and Raminhos might make Goucha look like a joke. Hell, maybe even I Love My Country gives it a run for its money.

The RAP show will probably also return without any warning whatsoever in September. Some people have said it could potentially go to 7PM but the likelihood is that it will occupy the 9PM slot it always has. Let's see if it works out this time around when Jornal das 8 is a complete wretched failure nowadays, no thanks to TVI's daytime being an utter joke.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Right now, I dunno if MasterChef is going to tank pure and simply because the competition is not very strong. SIC does have Comedy On The Edge on Saturdays, but on Sundays, it has the Raminhos show, which is still unproven ratings-wise even though it churned out a good premiere result and got excellent word of mouth; and RTP1 has I Love My Country on Sundays, which is a lot bigger than La Banda was but is also still somewhat uncompetitive. However, if they plan on releasing it next week - against a Benfica game and estabilished competition - and don't ramp up the marketing, Mourão and Raminhos might make Goucha look like a joke. Hell, maybe even I Love My Country gives it a run for its money.

The RAP show will probably also return without any warning whatsoever in September. Some people have said it could potentially go to 7PM but the likelihood is that it will occupy the 9PM slot it always has. Let's see if it works out this time around when Jornal das 8 is a complete wretched failure nowadays, no thanks to TVI's daytime being an utter joke.

Goucha is getting paid like 70.000€ a month to be embarassed by people like Cláudio Ramos, Raminhos and Mourão. Fucking lmao.

They should use RAP's show after Jornal das 8 or during it like they did on Sundays. That should increase the ratings and give the new soap a good launching pad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Actually bottled it. But well played to Stokes legit one of the greatest Test Innings of all time.

I woke up after midnight and checked the score.  I ended up watching the rest of it.  I think it finished around 1:15am.  I couldn't get to sleep again for sometime afterwards.  It was almost the third ever Tied Test and all of them would have involved Australia.