Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I mean, that was the point, right? Leverage their whole warchest upfront to try to build an immediate subscriber base.

I figured it would be eventually but not out the gate.

Guess 2020 will be all about the new shows, especially with all those MCU shows coming up, plus that Gina Rodriguez series and the Monsters Inc. show featuring the original cast (as well as the Love, Simon spin-off show which I'm guessing will bow in June to take advantage of Pride month). That Lizzie McGuire revival will premiere in the fall I'm assuming.

2 hours ago, DAR said:

Some of those I know for a fact won't be Day One in the US because of expiring licensing issues (Solo, TLJ, IW, EG).  But the vast majority should still be Day One.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I don't even know what Quibi is. Expected her to get cast in some bigger stuff after Game of Thrones. She was great in the final season and in Dark Phoenix as well.

I'm not sure how big her role in game of thrones was but it's really not that common for newbie TV stars to suddenly be offered really high profile roles after their show ends. 

On 9/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

On top of that, MasterChef, at 11PM, did about half of what Alma e Coração does on weekdays and less than plenty of episodes of A Dona do Pedaço as well. 4.9% / 16.7%. Share's not too shabby coming off the Na Corda Bamba floppage, but that rating is the pits. And this is the show that will reoccupy 9PM next week. I guess TVI misses the 10% shares on Sunday nights. Holy fucking shit.

How did the Monday ratings went? I am expecting Na Corda Bamba to drop to 15-17% share range daily.

EDIT: 16.5% share lmao. Nailed it. What a disaster. They need to cut the episode order.

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 1