Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

NHL preseason is upon us!

Who are our resident NHL fans again? @Porthos I know you said you were following the Sharks in the playoffs but you're not necessarily a fan. I remember also coming across a Colorado fan here I think.

Right here even if th4 Flyers' season may not be great 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, CJohn said:

How did the Monday ratings went? I am expecting Na Corda Bamba to drop to 15-17% share range daily.

EDIT: 16.5% share lmao. Nailed it. What a disaster. They need to cut the episode order.

It lost 1.5 million people in its first few minutes and still came in under 10% / 20% when it aired with no break after the Benfica game, which did 21% / 41% :hahaha:

Headed straight for biggest flop of all time status at this point.

• Thanks 1

Just five days until CAYOM Year 6 movie submission closes, but you can still join in reviews, predictions and even our Oscar ceremonies.

I know some of us (group chat wise and sometimes forum wise) can be a bit overly passionate about CAYOM but it’s really that much fun. I used to hate creative writing until CAYOM reignited my writing spark, and we really can use new members, new opinions and more members of our writing family. If it weren’t for CAYOM, I’d probably leave the forums, so if any of y’all has even the slightest interest, I highly recommend you give it a look.

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Idk its hilarious as he such a social progressive but he acting as a moron in his late 20s 

That a purely social/cultural construct that make up to reproduce a skin color in costume is a good or bad thing (it is not like there is anything inherently wrong with it) to do with being a moron, it had yet to have reached a large portion of the world by 2001, it is a norm that the giant Anglo-Saxon hegemonic culture is exporting, not sure it was a concept that existed in French Canada when Trudeau grew up.

Has recently has 2010 before social media caught up it was still common here on mainstream television for very progressive comedian to use black face in parodies here.

16 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That a purely social/cultural construct that make up to reproduce a skin color in costume is a good or bad thing (it is not like there is anything inherently wrong with it) to do with being a moron, it had yet to have reached a large portion of the world by 2001, it is a norm that the giant Anglo-Saxon hegemonic culture is exporting, not sure it was a concept that existed in French Canada when Trudeau grew up.

Has recently has 2010 before social media caught up it was still common here on mainstream television for very progressive comedian to use black face in parodies here.

Yeah but liberals have been trying to drown people for the same shit.

You know if the conservative leader did the same it be his end..

Hypocrisy much lol.

Edited by Lordmandeep

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah but liberals have been trying to drown people for the same shit.

You know if the conservative leader did the same it be his end..

Hypocrisy much lol.

Exactly. It's not the act that necessarily disgusts me. It's the hypocrisy. JT and all his leftist and liberal followers would be all over someone else if they did that. What I eagerly await is his and the people's response.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Exactly. It's not the act that necessarily disgusts me. It's the hypocrisy. JT and all his leftist and liberal followers would be all over someone else if they did that. What I eagerly await is his and the people's response.

Yeah man I am so annoyed at cancel culture and the sjw just dig their heads in the sand when its a guy on their own team.

How about we just stop trying to mess up people's current future digging up stuff from 20-30 years ago.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah man I am so annoyed at cancel culture and the sjw just dig their heads in the sand when its a guy on their own team.

How about we just stop trying to mess up people's current future digging up stuff from 20-30 years ago.

Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This will probably be one of the last managers who will win 2000 games.  With the way the game is trending having long tenures in the game period, never mind with one or two teams, is becoming less and less common.  Terry Francona does it if he sticks around a few more years (he's 337 wins away).  Maybe joe Maddon if he doesn't get fired and not hired by someone else (he's 750 wins away).

After that, not seeing many candidates (Clint Hurdle is a little closer than Maddon, but I don't get the sense he'll be around long enough).

Just a great career wrapping up and destined for Cooperstown as soon as he is eligible. 

• Like 1

Speaking of people getting cancelled and whatnot, SNL's latest season starts next week (with a slew of interesting guests lined up - Eddie Murphy's return!) and already has been dramatic with them having to cut that dude for his bigoted remarks (towards Asians in particular, this also being the season where they've hired their first Asian cast member) on his podcast that were from just a year ago. Honestly, after listening to the "jokes" (using quotation marks cause otherwise that would be implying they were at all funny), nothing of value has really been lost.

Not so long ago, when you said things that were against the Church, you were considered a sinner, a devout of Satan.

You were cancelled.

The more things change, the more they stay the same I guess.

To think these people believe they are forward thinkers.

Oh The irony.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1