Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is bullshit. I don't even like Justin Trudeau much, for what I think are much more important reasons. But the none of the progressive and liberal people I know - and it's a lot, nearly everyone I know -gave a shit about Scheer's stuff from 2005. It's what he and his party says and does now that matters.

I don't know and don't care what bullshit shows up on social media. It's always the most rabid opinions that get the most attention there, not what most people actually think. That's too boring.

The really progressive people I know that you would probably call "sjw" don't care about that kind of stuff from 20 years ago, not from anyone. If it's not illegal and wasn't hurting or intending to hurt someone, it doesn't matter if it's that old. Times change, people change.

Literally everyone I know from every background and political stripe thinks this kind of stuff is bullshit and needs to stop. If the worst stuff you can find on someone is from ~20 years ago or more, that's practically an endorsement.

There are so many more important things to discuss.

Want to talk about Trudeau is a hypocrite on the environment? Sure. On his high-minded talk about the rule of law? Sure. On breaking his promise on electoral reform. Definitely.

The fact this is the biggest damn story right now is garbage. I know multiple people - Liberal, Conservative, young (my age), old - who said more or less that the media needs to get a life.

I think I told you the biggest fault of Trudeau is that he does not abide to the rhetoric he preaches and the chickens have come to roost.

Imo it shows to the Prime Minister was a spoiled rich white kid who lacks a lot of awareness and common sense who likely would not amount to much if he was not the son of a former Prime Minister. The fact he thought blackface is okay in 2001 is the same kind of crap that many of his supporters call out rich spoiled dumb rich kids for all the time, but they cant see that as they would be scoring an own goal on themselves..Its rather clear the Liberals need a grown up in charge. 

You do forget Justin Trudeau has embraced the idea of woke culture that pretty much engages in cancel culture and calling out things from 10-20 years ago ...He was doing it all week against the Conservatives... 

Remember his own words " there is no past or any context that does not allow you take responsibility of what you have done"

Its a classic example of live by virtue signaling...you die by it...

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think I told you the biggest fault of Trudeau is that he does abide to the rhetoric he preaches and the chickens have come to roost.

Imo it shows to the Prime Minister was a spoiled rich white kid who lacks a lot of awareness and common sense who likely would not amount to much if he was not the son of a former Prime Minister. The fact he thought blackface is okay in 2001 is the same kind of crap that many of his supporters call out rich spoiled dumb rich kids for all the time, but they cant see that as they would be scoring an own goal on themselves..Its rather clear the Liberals need a grown up in charge. 

You do forget Justin Trudeau has embraced the idea of woke culture that pretty much engages in cancel culture and calling out things from 10-20 years ago ...He was doing it all week against the Conservatives... 

Remember his own words " there is no past or any context that does not allow you take responsibility of what you have done"

Its a classic example of live by virtue signaling...you die by it...

I know you are pissed, but i find it amusing you are calling out the media as fake news when you always defend them lol

Let's be clear, I still think social media is a lot worse than mainstream media. I also don't think the world is black-and-white. I'll defend the media when it's warranted to do so, and I'll complain when it's warranted to do so.

I haven't forgotten and obviously don't agree with the Liberals bringing up that old crap against the Conservatives and I actually happen to have a receipt for that one. First thing I said when the scandal broke:

jPWOUvW.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let's be clear, I still think social media is a lot worse than mainstream media. I also don't think the world is black-and-white. I'll defend the media when it's warranted to do so, and I'll complain when it's warranted to do so.

I haven't forgotten and obviously don't agree with the Liberals bringing up that old crap against the Conservatives and I actually happen to have a receipt for that one. First thing I said when the scandal broke:

jPWOUvW.png

Look i dont want to spend the election talking about this, but to many people who find Trudeau hypocrisy insufferable... this is just been wonderful 

I hope for a liberal minority, Trudeau gets dethroned and we can move away from his personality dominating our politics. 

• Like 2

Home Affairs secretary Michael Pezzullo, giving evidence before federal Parliament's press freedom inquiry on Friday, said national security officials who disclosed information without authorisation should face penalties, including prison terms.

He said Australia did not operate illegal military or intelligence programs and outlined a "fictional" scenario in which leaking would be justified.

"Were it to be the case, for instance, that we ... were running an off-the-books, clandestine program – let's call it 'Blackbriar' just for the purposes of the committee," he said. "And an officer was so aggrieved, there was no parliamentary scrutiny of such a program, it was unethical, immoral, illegal, not sanctioned or based on any law this Parliament had passed and not even constitutionally grounded because it wasn't grounded in any head of power."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/jason-bourne-style-black-ops-programs-would-justify-leak-to-media-says-top-official-20190920-p52tce.html

21 hours ago, Panda said:

Careful Avatar fans are usually banned on sight around here! IronJimbo gets a crazy pass though 😂

21 hours ago, cannastop said:

Not suspicious at all.

Is there a joke I'm missing here? I'm not looking to cause trouble just checking out the avatar thread since it was not available without an account. I've been searching the forums and the google search result in the post for awhile now so I don't think this should be a problem with the OP. I think the thread I was looking at had some sort of connection and when I tried to login there I got a message saying that I could not login until I made an account so I don't know what's causing that. I hope there's not a bug in my login that causes this.

3 minutes ago, Kthuxi said:

Is there a joke I'm missing here? I'm not looking to cause trouble just checking out the avatar thread since it was not available without an account. I've been searching the forums and the google search result in the post for awhile now so I don't think this should be a problem with the OP. I think the thread I was looking at had some sort of connection and when I tried to login there I got a message saying that I could not login until I made an account so I don't know what's causing that. I hope there's not a bug in my login that causes this.

OK it's just that someone from London who was also an Avatar fan and on discord was causing trouble a few months ago. Sorry about that.

10 minutes ago, Kthuxi said:

It's a long story but a lot of us wouldn't be surprised if you are another JCS alt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

OK it's just that someone from London who was also an Avatar fan and on discord was causing trouble a few months ago. Sorry about that.

Don't worry about it. I lurk mostly anyway. Just looking forward to seeing more Avatar movies really and fans are quite rare on the net.  Some of them are really good, and some are really bad.  I can't decide if I want to see them all or not. What's on your radar at the moment? Anything for a release in 3 months or so. If I keep staying healthy and staying active, I will probably be able to get back to a normal life fairly soon.  I'm trying to take it easy though and not try to push it to the limit because things can go very wrong very quickly.  It's very hard to make your way in society if you're not a member of the rich and famous. The only thing I want to do is go out and watch movies with the people I really really like (but, I have very few friends and only a certain amount of money).

• Like 1