Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

52 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apparently this whole week they are showing stuff promoting Galaxy's Edge across all the various Disney-owned channels leading up to that Freeform special on Sunday. How about lowering some of the damn prices on some of this stuff, Disney!

I think people will play the SW is dead argument...

However I am unsure if you are unfamiliar with the SW Battlefield 2 debacle...

I think a lot of these business types think SW is some infallible brand that cant fail even if they make nonsensical decisions... 

58 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apparently this whole week they are showing stuff promoting Galaxy's Edge across all the various Disney-owned channels leading up to that Freeform special on Sunday. How about lowering some of the damn prices on some of this stuff, Disney!

Too much of an ego, even if economically it might make sense.

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think people will play the SW is dead argument...

However I am unsure if you are unfamiliar with the SW Battlefield 2 debacle...

I think a lot of these business types think SW is some infallible brand that cant fail even if they make nonsensical decisions... 

oh please stop.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@cookie @Lucas

Someone from Sweden told me he only reads books in English, and that made me sad.

I haven't read a book in Swedish for years. I rarely read to begin with, but I always go for English whenever it happens. It might make you sad but god damn it, Swedish is an ugly, ugly language lmao. I don't watch more than like three Swedish movies a year mostly for that reason.

14 minutes ago, cookie said:

...I honestly do prefer reading in English than in Swedish myself, so...

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I haven't read a book in Swedish for years. I rarely read to begin with, but I always go for English whenever it happens. It might make you sad but god damn it, Swedish is an ugly, ugly language lmao. I don't watch more than like three Swedish movies a year mostly for that reason.

😢

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

But there's August Strindberg and some good Swedish poets...

I had to do a power point presentation in school, and spend an afternoon in a museum dedicated to him in his old apartment. I will never forgive that fucker.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Also Ingmar Bergman for film.

I acknowledged his brilliance when I was a kid, but I stayed away from watching his movies because I couldn't take the language seriously. I was exposed to a dialogue scene in whatever-movie-it-was a few years ago, expecting to cringe into oblivion - but I was blown away by how good it was. Like Swedish finally became and sounded like poetry.

But I have seen the 1933 King Kong sequel Son of Kong, and not a single Ingmar Bergman film to this day.

• Sad 1

On 9/23/2019 at 12:58 PM, cannastop said:

Wrote 1,290 words already! Hope to have 6,000 by Wednesday afternoon and 10,000 by Thursday evening. Then I will edit it down to fewer than 5,000 words. Then submit on Monday!

Wrote 700 words in 30 minutes and now the word count is 2,000.

Might write again today.