Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I definitely believe that Harold Bloom touched Naomi Wolf's thigh, as claimed in her piece:

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/features/n_9932/

Harold Bloom was valuable to me because of his ability of catalog and rank vast amounts of books more than anything else. He was almost never a great writer of his own.

I also did value his views on religion.

23 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

but for real why isn't Fillmore on disney+?

16 minutes ago, Eric Addams said:

Also confusing is The Proud Family Movie is on Disney+, but not the show. How does that even work?

I guess they didn't want to upload everything at once. I see there's a couple of older things here and there that are missing.

7 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

:whosad:

And non calls

Might have missed a facemask penalty on that last play as well.  Hard to tell from a still I saw, as it might be incidental contact that is overblown on a freeze frame, but someone on the OL sure looked like they had their hand on a defender's grill.

Just... not great calls overall, from this non-partisan viewpoint.

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

As far as I’m concerned the NFL still owes us for the Fail Mary

Well, that's one way to look at it, sure.  👍

Spoiler

(still not completely over that BS pass interference call against the Niners back in the early eighties that cost them a trip to the Super Bowl, so I do actually understand rationale ;))

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well, that's one way to look at it, sure.  👍

Hide contents

(still not completely over that BS pass interference call against the Niners back in the early eighties that cost them a trip to the Super Bowl, so I do actually understand rationale ;))

Against the Bears or Giants?

13 minutes ago, DAR said:

Against the Bears or Giants?

Washington, 1984 NFC Championship Game (for the '83/'84 season).  Helped get the ball rolling for replay in the first place (though not for PI) as it made Bill Walsh one of its biggest proponents.  Took a while to get in, but the long memories of that call made the Niners one of the teams to constantly push for it.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1