Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Hey Sixers, sign me for the minimum and I will already be your best shooter.  This is embarrassing.  

Not saying they won't win this game but no one can hit an  outside shot especially a 3-pointer on this team

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

This encapsualtes a lot of what I'm feeling about the whole thing:

I suggest Baseball BOT read it, as it's really really good (the Twitter thread has a few more links as well).  @MrPink@Deep Wang

and @Menor I might want to get your thoughts as well about how this is just a major self-inflicted wound that was completely and utterly unnecessary.  

The team itself, with one very notable exception, is made up a lot of great players who are easy root for.  As the piece goes out of its way to say, some of the Astros more high profile controversial decisions might be justified on one level.  Over all I thought it was a very fair piece that zeroed in on the objectionable crap and didn't take the bait on more iffy subjects.

But this was pure gaslighting and if the Astros won't do the right thing (and I suspect they won't) I hope MLB steps in and throws down a hammer on Taubman.  It's the only way they're gonna learn, and even that might be a bit of wishful thinking.

Taubman needs to go, and if they really want to make this right then Osuna should too. I was pissed that he was signed in the first place and still am.  Of course that won't happen, and there will always be a stink on this season. Just so disappointing (but sadly not surprising) that they chose to handle the situation this way. 

And it sucks, too, because this team's players are so much fun to watch. And there really shouldn't have been an asterisk on what will be an exceptional season, perhaps one of the greatest all-time seasons if they take this series. But if they can't manage to find some morals, then unfortunately an asterisk is what they deserve (and hopefully the MLB will come down hard on this).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

Hey Sixers, sign me for the minimum and I will already be your best shooter.  This is embarrassing.  

Not saying they won't win this game but no one can hit an  outside shot especially a 3-pointer on this team

But didn't Simmons hit 1 3-pointer in China?  

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol I got thread banned from the star wars thread for speculating on imagery thats in the fucking trailer.  Are we now not allowed to do any guesswork or post our assumptions based off of whats in trailers now for anticipated films?  If so thats news to me and just over the top

@AndyLL

I don't see where you're banned? Who/when/here?

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

But didn't Simmons hit 1 3-pointer in China?  

Against a Chinese team yes...in preseason.  He didn't even attempt one last night 

And yes I get the joke, if that was one 😛

Edited by 75Live
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, belligerent talking robot said:

I have this post-nasal drip that is driving me nuts, and my legs are getting a little sore. what does that mean? I'm reporting it here.
I cant get around this post-nasal drip. help? no doctor visits, no anti-biotics, after months and it feels stuck in my nose. a body doesn't just hold onto a bacterial infection like that, does it? is it the >200g soda sugar per day and smoking? get me out of here before they come back and make me not wanna move from my room

Tender... my legs are tender.  

Hang in there buddy!

I finally got a chance to finish the first episode of The Watchmen series. I'm sure I'll stick with it but there really wasn't much to that episode for me. But again it's just the first one so it can go up from here

57 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Yep. I have to get a colonoscopy in a few weeks. That should be a lot of fun considering the prep work you have to do seems pretty awful 😛

54 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Mine is Monday. My "diet" starts tomorrow, it's gonna be SUPER fun on Sunday. :sarah:

Getting old am I right?*

*Okay I haven’t crossed that bridge yet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1