Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I also love all the extras. That’s the sort of very small bonus content I love to see, but it was so hard to access conveniently without buying a bunch of physical or digital HV.    

Now it’s available for 0 extra cost. In great quality. From any device.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yo Disney+ is so slick. And there’s so much great stuff. Time to finally catch up on some SW TV I guess.

WARNING:  If you decide to watch the cartoon The Clone Wars it is 1) told out of chronological order for much of the first four seasons (because non-linear storytelling is one of George Lucas' hobby horses) and 2) the animation quality was...

Let's just say it improved greatly as the show went on. ;)

Rebels, on the other hand, was linear all the way through.  But it too was pretty rough around the edges at the beginning (especially when it came to animating hair [those poor Wookiees :sadno:]).

So keep that in mind.

===

There IS an official guide to watching TCW in so-called chronological order, FWIW.  But that can be a lot of work jumping back and forth. :lol:  Though I suppose with the Watchlist function, it might not be too bad,

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I was thinking of @ing you for a watch guide 😛     

I think I’ll go mostly by order of release though, I don’t really mind non-linear narratives.

There is absolutely something to be said for watching in release/production order.  For one thing, the animation quality as well as the writing of the characters will be fairly consistent. 

And, truth be told, folks probably should make their first watch in release/production order.  It's told in "arcs" anyway, and there are recaps before every episode (you'll see what I mean when/if you watch it), so it's pretty easy to tell what stories are being told at any one time.

Can be a bit odd though seeing a character get introduced and then skipping back a bit before they were ever around. ;)

===

Mind you, I love love looooooove TCW to pieces.  Mostly for the writing and the eventual long term story arcs.  It is extremely my jam when it comes to SW.

Then again, I like a lot of odd things in SW, so that also might be something of a warning. :lol:

One really great thing about TCW was that it wasn't scared at all to push the boundaries.  One arc it might be telling a western story.  The next, a gangster one. Then it would go into political intrigue.

It even tipped its toes in to kaiju inspired territory on one occasion! :o

By far, it is the one SW project that wasn't afraid to take risks and go all over the place when it came to genre.  From Lovecraftian inspired characters to A Day in the Life of Droids.  It went all over the place.

And god bless it for doing so. 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Plus said:

btw @captainwondyful and @filmlover and anyone else with an account, who did you pick for your character icon? I'm sure for wondy you were devastated you couldn't pick Steve or Carol, but I'm sure you had a good Plan C :lol: 

I WAS LIKE DA FUQ IZ THIIIIS?

I decided to channel my inner self, and I went with Ursula. After re-watching the little mermaid live, I’m like I feel like she’s the most sympathetic character in that whole thing.