Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 11/11/2019 at 5:14 PM, filmlover said:

You say this now but wait until the Emmys are dominated by Marvel shows (edit: just checked and the first of those won't be landing until later next year so it's the 2021 Emmys they'll be conquering) The Mandalorian and the new High School Musical series next year, confirming that we really are living in Disney World officially.

It looks like we will be spared this particular dystopia. :Gaga:

• Like 1

Knew this was coming.  Zaidi really wanted him and didn't hide it very well.  And the longer this process dragged on, the more it smelled like it was the SF brass trying to figure out a way to craft a perfect PR statement.

This is not gonna go over well in Giants land.  On the one hand, the traditional end of the fanbase looked at his time in Philly and shrieked in horror.

On the other hand, the more, shall we say progressive end of the fan base looked at his dealings with those assault accusations and flipped out. 

He really doesn't have much of a cushion here, outside of folks who implicitly trust Zaidi.  And even then it's... Really?

===

Me, personally?  I'd buy Zaidi's line of reasoning of "Hey, folks learn from their mistakes" if Kapler actually had a whole year off to reflect on things.  Figure out what he actually did wrong.  That he was hired immediately might make him think he did nothing wrong and that Philly was full of a bunch of losers.

I didn't have a much of an issue with how he handled things in Philly, though I'm a little troubled about how he handled personalities there. 

But his handling of the girl who was assaulted by a minor leaguer is just damn near close to a deal breaker.

And that Zaidi couldn't read the room about all of this?

Well, he better hope he really is smarter than everyone else.  Both for his sake and Kapler's.

Edited by Porthos

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

Knew this was coming.  Zaidi really wanted him and didn't hide it very well.  And the longer this process dragged on, the more it smelled like it was the SF brass trying to figure out a way to craft a perfect PR statement.

This is not gonna go over well in Giants land.  On the one hand, the traditional end of the fanbase looked at his time in Philly and shrieked in horror.

On the other hand, the more, shall we say progressive end of the fan base looked at his dealings with those assault accusations and flipped out. 

He really doesn't have much of a cushion here, outside of folks who implicitly trust Zaidi.  And even then it's... Really?

===

Me, personally?  I'd buy Zaidi's line of reasoning of "Hey, folks learn from their mistakes" if Kapler actually had a whole year off to reflect on things.  Figure out what he actually did wrong.  That he was hired immediately might make him think he did nothing wrong and that Philly was full of a bunch of losers.

I didn't have a much of an issue with how he handled things in Philly, though I'm a little troubled about how he handled personalities there. 

But his handling of the girl who was assaulted by a minor leaguer is just damn near close to a deal breaker.

And that Zaidi couldn't read the room about all of this?

Well, he better hope he really is smarter than everyone else.  Both for his sake and Kapler's.

Good luck my friend

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of which we need @Ethan Hunt's thoughts on the new High School Musical show ASAP!

I'm not getting Disney + so I won't see it lol *shrug*

I gotta say it looks dumb and to grounded in reality to be a high school musical continuation imo

Edited by Ethan Hunt

I've been flip-flopping on whether to go see Dan Aykroyd and get an autograph. While I wouldn't mind meeting him, you have to pre-order his vodka and that is what he signs. I really don't want the Vodka so it's kind of a waste at the same time

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 75Live said:

I've been flip-flopping on whether to go see Dan Aykroyd and get an autograph. While I wouldn't mind meeting him, you have to pre-order his vodka and that is what he signs. I really don't want the Vodka so it's kind of a waste at the same time

Get the vodka and make a vodka pasta sauce...

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/you-wont-be-single-for-long-vodka-cream-pasta-recipe-1912258

Easy recipe...and cheap, once you have the vodka...

• Like 1