Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros unveils new logo:

https://deadline.com/2019/11/warner-bros-refreshes-logo-as-studios-2023-centennial-approaches-1202785156/

It's nice although not a million miles from their old logo. I wonder if we'll getting a new intro for the films since it's been the same for quite some time. 

Says it will appear on screen in early 2020. Maybe we will get a new intro first with Birds of Prey.

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Says it will appear on screen in early 2020. Maybe we will get a new intro first with Birds of Prey.

Birds of Prey makes sense as it will the first WB film release of 2020. We may it on TV before if Warner Bros Television has any new shows airing before then. 

I wonder what it'll look like as they've had the current intro since 1999. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Considering that Warner Bros is co-producing it, couldn't they have just gotten someone other than Amazon to co-produce it and then put it on HBO MAX? Kind of dumb for them to produce for a direct competitor.

Well Nolan&Joy signed one of those mega-deals with Amazon, Warner didn't have to be involved at all. Not sure why, maybe Amazon has realized that they got a ton of money but don't know how to make a TV show.

More info on the Warner Bros rebrand:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90429745/warner-brotherss-new-logo-and-brand-are-a-glimpse-at-the-future-of-entertainment

It does look very sleek, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a rebrand for Warner Animation Group to coincide with Scoob, maybe drop the Group part of the name and calling it simply Warner Animation 

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Considering that Warner Bros is co-producing it, couldn't they have just gotten someone other than Amazon to co-produce it and then put it on HBO MAX? Kind of dumb for them to produce for a direct competitor.

I would guess WB want to remain in business with Jonah and Lisa despite them signing the TV deal with Amazon.

Well my prep for my colonoscopy has been going on. At first it was like nothing then all of a sudden it just rushed out of course. Just not sure I'm allowed to still drink water while that part still going on, but I did anyway because I got thirsty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

Well my prep for my colonoscopy has been going on. At first it was like nothing then all of a sudden it just rushed out of course. Just not sure I'm allowed to still drink water while that part still going on, but I did anyway because I got thirsty

I think it’s basically 4 hours before the procedure when you’re not supposed to ingest anything (even water). But my instructions told me to drink water with each glass of prep fluid. 

Edited by Plain Old Tele
  • Like 2

I had thing on my forehead for over year that never quite healed. Last week I had my GP cut it out (he has surgical training). I had the 9 stitches taken out today. Turns out it was my first skin cancer.  Fortunately it was a Basal-cell carcinoma. 

• Like 1

wow roma coming out on Criterion. first netflix movie on dvd right? honestly that bothered me more than the cinema stuff, happy they'll bring at least a couple of their films out on physical media i'm assuming only thru criterion. buster scruggs and other side of the wind would be good candidates for that in the future.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

wow roma coming out on Criterion. first netflix movie on dvd right? honestly that bothered me more than the cinema stuff, happy they'll bring at least a couple of their films out on physical media i'm assuming only thru criterion. buster scruggs and other side of the wind would be good candidates for that in the future.

and tall girl

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Just now, Eric Plus said:

and tall girl

MUDBOUND too. And presumably they have some sort of strategy for THE IRISHMAN.

Just watched The Age of Innocence and yep, it's definietly Scorsese's best film. At the very least its his most well edited and shot film. The way the movie shows Arthur's suffocation with the sweeping camera movements and his moments of intimacy with Madame Olenska (like all the voices around both characters fade out in a scene towards the beginning of the film) is brilliant.

There were way more similarities here to other Scorsese films like Taxi Driver and Shutter Island than I expected.

Edited by lorddemaxus