Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Alli said:

So many trailers released with Star Wars. And then there's the Tenet prologue. I hope SW fans will not get frustrated

shoutout to when i saw force awakens at the midnight show and all the trailers were for stuffy oscar bait like suffragette and the danish girl. really got the crowd hyped up.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

shoutout to when i saw force awakens at the midnight show and all the trailers were for stuffy oscar bait like suffragette and the danish girl. really got the crowd hyped up.

Similar thing happened when I saw Captain Marvel. Doubt the Marvel nerds were all excited for previews to The Hustle and Long Shot and Dumbo.

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

A data, meta, occurence analysis of the (buzz) words and concepts used in mainstream media used since November 2016 contradicts this bold claim.

Search trump is not the cause just the consequence or other sentence of the sorts on google.

https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-is-not-the-problem/

https://billmoyers.com/story/trump-consequence-trump-era/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/08/donald-trump-citizens-united-anti-democracy-decade

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/whats-driving-populism-its-both-economic-insecurity-and-the-culture-wars-2019-07-10

Could be a bias from my media consumption, but Trump being the symptom of something bigger, the natural conclusion and a reason why similar movement are getting quite the traction everywhere is something I did hear a lot, arguably more than the other possibility that he is a special all-time talent. I would say looking at how copycats completely failed at the Canadian federal level that there is a bit of both, Canada didn't have the same situation for them to work with, but the copycats were not even close to Trump abilities.

Netflix is really saving cinema after all.

Incredible filmmaking on display at Netflix Corp.

Thank god those fantastic films cannot be seen at the theaters, soiled by the smell of cheap pop corn and soda.

We re living the dream people.

Edited by The Futurist

@CJohn Disappointment: The Masked Singer will be hosted by João Manzarra, not by Cristina. So long, 50% share.

But it'll still hit 30%. I mean, it's The Masked Singer, as high concept as high concept can get, in the prolific channel of the country atm. And Carolina Loureiro and Pedro Barroso will be judges. It'll blow up on Twitter and Instagram, especially with all the wacky costumes and shit.

Also, SIC got the rights for Undercover Boss as well. That's another 30% in the making.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

did 6 underground even get any kind of theatrical release? i get that netflix pretty much only does theatrical releases to qualify for awards and there's no hope for that movie but it's still a shame. i'll check it out sometime this weekend.

It's playing at all of the iPic theaters in the area but only for a week. 

11 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Disappointment: The Masked Singer will be hosted by João Manzarra, not by Cristina. So long, 50% share.

But it'll still hit 30%. I mean, it's The Masked Singer, as high concept as high concept can get, in the prolific channel of the country atm. And Carolina Loureiro and Pedro Barroso will be judges. It'll blow up on Twitter and Instagram, especially with all the wacky costumes and shit.

Also, SIC got the rights for Undercover Boss as well. That's another 30% in the making.

SIC is a fucking monster.

Carolina Loureiro blessing our screens every day tho. God is real. 

• Astonished 1