Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I have no idea what the actual story is, seems to be about a spat with a scottish politician, the only thing I could find that documented the events leading up to the court case was this...

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-abolition-of-sanity-part-2/

The New Inquisition.

Obey or loose your job.

Fuck Yeah Progress.

Edited by The Futurist

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It had to be their best episode in a very long time.

It’s the first time in years I watched it live from start to finish.   Murphy pretty much carried the cast because when he wasn’t on screen it was pretty rough.  Weekend Update was pretty rough.   And the cold open debate ran too long.  I mean is Alec Baldwin even trying any more with his Trump anymore.    

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

It’s the first time in years I watched it live from start to finish.   Murphy pretty much carried the cast because when he wasn’t on screen it was pretty rough.  Weekend Update was pretty rough.   And the cold open debate ran too long.  I mean is Alec Baldwin even trying any more with his Trump anymore.    

Baldwin's Trump became completely stale a while ago. I get that nobody else on this show right now seems capable of doing a good Trump (and he's too easy of a target not to make fun of) and obviously it all goes back to Lorne Michaels not anticipating the outcome in 2016 like the rest of us, but it's just so tired. Most of these guest cameos tend to become less funny once the initial amusement of seeing a famous person playing a political figure wears off though; I guess they're gonna be switching up their Bidens between Woody Harrelson and Jason Sudeikis depending on who is in New York that week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Baldwin's Trump became completely stale a while ago. I get that nobody else on this show right now seems capable of doing a good Trump (and he's too easy of a target not to make fun of) and obviously it all goes back to Lorne Michaels not anticipating the outcome in 2016 like the rest of us, but it's just so tired. Most of these guest cameos tend to become less funny once the initial amusement of seeing a famous person playing a political figure wears off though; I guess they're gonna be switching up their Bidens between Woody Harrelson and Jason Sudeikis depending on who is in New York that week.

I think a lot of the late night talk show host have falling into the Noel Gallagher and Watermelon  smashing Jokes Trap.

Making endless Trump jokes gets quite stale and I think makes the comedy teams a bit 'lazy' as the default to those jokes rather then thinking of something more or different or funny.

Just noticed a lot of late night comedians ratings and youtube views have fallen sharply.

17 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Yep I was just coming in here about that too. 

Great day.

It IS!  I'm not sure we can win next week vs NYG in the state our team is in...but then again, I'm not sure Dallas can beat Washington if they put out the same effort as today (especially if Keenum gets the start).  But, I'm gonna enjoy this through Xmas, and hope NYG decide to rest guys for next year and to improve their draft spot...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1