Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Essentially: no Harry Potter universe movies until 2025, Cinemax is looking to wind down. Also WB just signed a massive deal with Steven Soderbergh that covers product for HBO Max, HBO TV, and theatrical releases for the movie studio. Remember when he was supposed to be retiring? Heh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Launching July 15.

There's also a whole Twitter thread happening in real time detailing what's coming. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much that's very exciting, both library and original, unless you really like NBC sitcoms.

I'm surprised HBO Max wasn't interested in having Two and a Half Men but I'm guessing it's not as valuable compared to Big Bang Theory and Friends. Likewise Yellowstone, you'd thought it would be more useful on CBS All Access.

In other news, Disney are dropping the Fox name from both Fox Searchlight and 20th Century Fox which brings to an end a long history of that studio name:

https://deadline.com/2020/01/disney-rebrands-20th-century-studios-searchlight-pictures-removes-fox-1202833834/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised HBO Max wasn't interested in having Two and a Half Men but I'm guessing it's not as valuable compared to Big Bang Theory and Friends. Likewise Yellowstone, you'd thought it would be more useful on CBS All Access.

In other news, Disney are dropping the Fox name from both Fox Searchlight and 20th Century Fox which brings to an end a long history of that studio name:

https://deadline.com/2020/01/disney-rebrands-20th-century-studios-searchlight-pictures-removes-fox-1202833834/

In fairness Two & a Half Men was a show that even the people who were on it didn't think much of it so it's no surprise they weren't really interested lol. Feel like Jon Cryer was the only person grateful for that show just for the awards he won.

Disney dropping the Fox name was inevitable but I'm actually surprised they didn't do it sooner. I guess they wanted to get most of the leftovers they inherited from the previous regime through the sale out of the way first.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised HBO Max wasn't interested in having Two and a Half Men but I'm guessing it's not as valuable compared to Big Bang Theory and Friends.

The PeacockTV is paying something like $300 million to get it a few years so it is valuable enough. The amount of money currently switching between mega-corporations for temporary streaming rights to old(ish) sitcoms is insane.

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

The PeacockTV is paying something like $300 million to get it a few years so it is valuable enough. The amount of money currently switching between mega-corporations for temporary streaming rights to old(ish) sitcoms is insane.

Every service needs classic shows that people can put in the background at anytime.

Friends

The Office

Simpsons

Sienfeld

etc

35 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It is high, but not sure about insane, making 262 episodes of something would cost them way more.