Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

50 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Nice win for the Flyers with a 3-0 shutout of the Penguins. Good way to go into the all star break 

That is a huge win! Not only great timing but the Penguins are hot this year, especially with Crosby back. Who was in net? Hart?

9 hours ago, JB33 said:

That is a huge win! Not only great timing but the Penguins are hot this year, especially with Crosby back. Who was in net? Hart?

Hart's been out and probably gone another week or 2 if I remember correctly so it was Elliot in net

11 hours ago, 75Live said:

Nice win for the Flyers with a 3-0 shutout of the Penguins. Good way to go into the all star break 

The wildcard race looks tight. Must be nice to still be in the playoff race unlike my Habs. (I mean Habs are technically still in it but too may teams to leapfrog.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The wildcard race looks tight. Must be nice to still be in the playoff race unlike my Habs. (I mean Habs are technically still in it but too may teams to leapfrog.)

Yeah, I'm still shocked the Flyers are in the race considering some of the hardships they've had so far this year. But hopefully they can keep it up and they could speak into the playoffs. However, like you said there's a lot of teams kind of close to each other so we'll see what happens

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

@CJohn @Cap checked out 9-1-1: Lone Star yet? Watched the first two episodes last night and it's as almost as much fun as the original so far.

Nope. Only here for 100000% gay Ryan Murphy content. 😂

On 1/20/2020 at 8:21 PM, Jedi Jat said:

Was just wondering, why is N word offensive.

I mean from what I collect that just mean "person of color".

Don't think brown people consider Desi as offensive :ph34r:

Because the n word was created by white people as a derogatory term and has a horrifying history behind it (I don't need to explain the history do I?). Desi was a term created by Indians and doesn't really have any history behind it. It's not like when the British ruled India, they used Desi as derogatory term for Indian slaves or anything. 

So Eli Manning is retiring.  I personally don't think he is a Hall of Famer but I have zero doubt he'll get in on either the first or second time eligible.

I think it's the best move for him since he won't start any more on the Giants and I dont think he wanted to play for another team

• Like 1

So, I hate January and I've been ghosting for a bit.  Yet I want to share this.  

Last week I got called for jury duty, much to the amusement of my entire family.  The "call period" is over the next two months.  We had to go in for our orientation, get sworn in, and to fill out jury questionnaires.  They're suppose to help the lawyers select the jury. The first two are boiler plate -- basically the first was are you racist, and the second dealt with your view on sexual assault. Then we had a bonus one for a specific to a week long murder trail that's coming up.

I think being on a jury would be interesting, and it's your constitutional civic duty.  Deciding if someone's going to go to prison for 25+ years for murder, though, feels way too heavy.  Now, I took an oath to answer honestly, so I was just be brutally honest. 

One of the questions on the murder trail asked about "do you have strong opinions on sled dogs" and I was like, "If anyone abused an animal I can't be impractical, like, major trigger: animal and children abusers."

Then we got to the sexual assault one.  I think, "I've watched all 450 episodes of SVU.  Twice.  Olivia has taught me well.  Men are scum; they always did it."  Can you be impartial?  I checked no, no, no, no on all of them.

Then we get to "are you a racist one".  I'm going along checking off "no" and then I get to one question.  They asked "have you ever gotten into a confrontation with anyone from a different race, religious creed, nationality, etc. from you?"

Now, you take an oath that you have to tell the truth. So I can’t lie.  I think to myself.  I'm a moderator on a film forum with an international user base. I get into confrontations with people of other races, nationalities, and religious backgrounds, from me all the time. 😂😂😂😂. They don’t need to know that the confrontation is about if Wonder Woman or Black Widow is going to make more money at the box office. I was just being honest.  Check yes.

Fast forward today, were we have to check in to see if we got called.

My number is not on that list.

So thanks everyone!!

robert downey jr ok GIF

• Haha 9
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

have you ever gotten into a confrontation with anyone from a different race, religious creed, nationality, etc. from you?"

On a more serious note, WTF is this question??? 

The only ways to answer no are:

A) you’re lying

B ) you aren’t paying any attention to the questionnaire 

C) you were born yesterday (hi Vis)

D) you’re Amish

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

On a more serious note, WTF is this question??? 

The only ways to answer no are:

A) you’re lying

B ) you aren’t paying any attention to the questionnaire 

C) you were born yesterday (hi Vis)

D) you’re Amish

Yeah.  Not really.  It was the one question that really made me pause.  The others were about "do you harbor feels..." "have you be charge with a hate crime..." etc. which felt more straightforward.  "Confrontation" is SUPER VAGUE and how do you not answer yes to this?