Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

wow such disrespect to Terry Jones.

Most of the people here do not know who Jones was, sadly.

Second Python gone.

God, I loved Monty Python's Flying Circus. Have the complere series on DVD.

Yes, I love the movies too. At one Time I could quote the entire script of "Holy Grail" from memory....

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

So Eli Manning is retiring.  I personally don't think he is a Hall of Famer but I have zero doubt he'll get in on either the first or second time eligible.

I think it's the best move for him since he won't start any more on the Giants and I dont think he wanted to play for another team

I can understand the GIants wanting to move beyond the Manning Era, but they could have handled it so much better. They could have eased him out in a way that did not insult him,  ,but instead they pretty much insulted him. And yes, offering a player who led you to 2 Superbowl wins a job as backup is an insult.

I think the Giants rep as a classy organization has suffered from this.

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

On a more serious note, WTF is this question??? 

The only ways to answer no are:

A) you’re lying

B ) you aren’t paying any attention to the questionnaire 

C) you were born yesterday (hi Vis)

D) you’re Amish

I think the word "confrontation" was the key...both sides were probably looking for jurors willing to be led by the lawyers and who wouldn't rock the boat (with outside thinking like "nullification" or "why do we have to only decide this way or that")...

For the record, I'm so bitter I'm never allowed to serve on a jury thanks to my spouse (my state forbids those married to governmental attorneys to ever serve...even AFTER he retires)...sigh...I did have my one, best chance to get on a jury when I was 18, was gonna be a 6 week personal injury case with 10 separate defendants (we're talking builders, fire departments, department stores, public safety, store owners, etc), they had 200 jurors and called randomly...and finally got to the final jury of 12 when there were only 4 folks left...and my luck, I was one of those never called.  My one and only chance, and I was gonna enjoy that summer there...but oh well...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The wildcard race looks tight. Must be nice to still be in the playoff race unlike my Habs. (I mean Habs are technically still in it but too may teams to leapfrog.)

When are the Habs getting rid of Bergevin??

9 hours ago, 75Live said:

Yeah, I'm still shocked the Flyers are in the race considering some of the hardships they've had so far this year. But hopefully they can keep it up and they could speak into the playoffs. However, like you said there's a lot of teams kind of close to each other so we'll see what happens

The Pacific Division is nuts! It's a race between 5 teams that are within a point of each other. Going into the All Star break my Canucks are first with 58 points and the next 4 teams (Flames, Oilers. Golden Knights and Coyotes) are tied with 57 points. WIIIIIIDE open.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Probably gets one more season. 

Admittedly hes making some better moves lately. That and he also seemed to see something that nobody else did regarding Subban. I hated that move at the time but now it's clear he was on to something.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:48 PM, filmlover said:

@CJohn @Cap checked out 9-1-1: Lone Star yet? Watched the first two episodes last night and it's as almost as much fun as the original so far.

Not yet but I plan on watching both episodes on the weekend.

18 hours ago, filmlover said:

Should've put more thought process into what they gave the green light to instead of putting out certified turds like Serenity.

"After" was the only real box office success they had. Every else tanked or barely broke even. You don't survive long with a record like that.

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

Admittedly hes making some better moves lately. That and he also seemed to see something that nobody else did regarding Subban. I hated that move at the time but now it's clear he was on to something.

Subban was a fan favorite (probably still is) but Weber was a better fit on ice and in the lockeroom. Most people realize that now. Still PK will be remembered fondly here. As for right now we need to be sellers at the deadline and rebuild instead of being a borderline playoff team imo.